Can you help with the Dress Code for.

Hi

Can anyone help me? I am just packing for the trip to Saudi :)

But need to know what the dress code is around this time of the year in jeddah,(day & night), not sure if its similar to Dubai or not.

How do westerners dress for compound life??

Thanks

Compound life? casual!

Just wear casual clothes is fine. If you wear shorts, they need to be well past the knees, if outside the compound.  No skimpy jogging shorts or muscle shirts off-compound is a prudent guideline. Everything else you're good to go. We have it alot easier than the poor female expats here. Their clothing selection is extremely limited, to say the least.  I can picture it now: An expat lady asking herself, "Do I wear the black plain abaya, the black abaya with silver trim, the black ayaba with gold fringe, the black abaya with................

Hi

Thanks for the heads up on the dress code:

Wow!!! thought Dubai was strict, but..............Saudi takes first place i guess :)

Well, guess new wardrobe is in order :):cool:

It's extremely strict for women but for men it's
Pretty much anything except underwear! Hope that helps
:)

As Dave specified in his post, there's a big difference between compound life and outside life.

Of course, compound life depends on what kind of compound you're housed on.  If it's non-western, well then compound life and outside life are virtually identical lol

Let's hope you get good housing--it makes all the difference in the world here.

And welcome to KSA!

dear
jeans , any way send me message to [email protected].
will guide you once you arrive