Wars in Sudan affect on the everyday life of the Sudanese people.

I'm writing my end of year paper in Global Perspectives (Cambridge international examination). My focus question is; "How has the wars in Sudan had an affect on the Sudanese civilians".

How is it different living in Sudan now, compared to the life before the wars? (I guess your parents, or grandparents told you stories of how it was)

How is it different living in the south vs. living in the north? (before the split(2011), and after)

How is it different living in Europe or the US vs. living in Sudan?

Is racism an issue in Sudan?

Hoping for some help...
Frederik Bernbom, Denmark.

Hello my name is Ali from Sudan but I was born and lived my whole life in Saudi Arabia but i was also had the chance to  travel to Sudan before for  many times and then moved to Malaysia to study my bachelor degree .I just saw your post and probably i don't that much of experience of the Sudanese life but i would like to share  little information  about Sudan and racism over there...

first of all, the situation in Sudan right now after the separation is kinda hard  , life start to get more expensive and more harder to a lot of people who living there .The dollar is increased, life expenses is increased . actually you can said everything !
And when u talking about wars in Sudan a lot of people in Sudan don't know what's going on in their land ?  because we don't  feel like there is a civil war in Sudan .i think is  all has to do with the media . i'm not gonna say there is no war in Sudan but IT WAS and now its in the past . but a lot of  external sources from different other countries want "destroy" Sudan . And im not supporting my government . i know my goverment is the most corrupt government .

Now lets talk about racism ... i'm not sure about this issue but i think it's a joke in Sudan ... People dont take it seriously as racism .

hoping i did little help here... feel free to ask me any question ;)

First of all, many thanks for your reply. I appreciate it!
have you ever lived (permanently) in Sudan?
Because you come from Saudi Arabia, I assume you are a Muslim, but are you Sunni or are you Shia?
Is Saudi Arabia influenced by the wars in Saudi Arabia somehow?
What's your personal perspective on the wars, concerning not being a native sudanese?
Best regards
       Frederik

Hi there,

For sure wars not only affect civilians of the area of conflict, but also affect every aspect of life including economy and social events.
But, in Sudan case, we've to differentiate between some major factors:
1- Sudan is a huge country with hundreds if not thousands of cultures and many different regions, so the concept of diversity strongly applies here.
2- The nature or standard of living is also varies from region to another, and here the affect and/or impact of war differs according to the area.
3- In Khartoum, for example, only the economical impact is noticeable.
4- Parts in or near the south or Darfur are extremely affected. And the impact is clear in every possible way.
5- The issue is complicated and statistics and other means of illustrations are required to clarify the situation.

Murtada A. Ahmed
Khartoum