I'd like to start taking contemporary dance with other ladies ;)

Does anyone know of any modern dance studios that will teach a beginner/ I want to join for fun/fitness/friends? Maybe get to know some other ladies my age. I really also need to find a gym with child care so I can take some classes. Anyone sharing this interest, or knowledge, please respond!!!!!

Thank you so much,
until then, dancing in my living room to music videos LOL

Britt

Hi Britt, I invite you to post an advert in the classes section of Mauritius classifieds. This may help.;)

Harmonie.

Nomadica wrote:

Does anyone know of any modern dance studios that will teach a beginner/ I want to join for fun/fitness/friends? Maybe get to know some other ladies my age. I really also need to find a gym with child care so I can take some classes. Anyone sharing this interest, or knowledge, please respond!!!!!

Thank you so much,
until then, dancing in my living room to music videos LOL

Britt

Hi,
I hope you're not dancing in your living room anymore! :)

I suggest you go to Riverland Sports Centre, Tamarin and Institut Patrice Avrillon, which is also in Tamarin and pick up their activity timetables.

I don't think either have child care facilities but you'll find that most expats employ maids/ nannies.

You may have found these 2 places already and if you have then you will certainly not be dancing around your living room anymore to music videos.:)

Riverland Sports Centre: 483 8956/ 483 6413
Patrice Avrillon: 483 5123

Hope this helps.:)

Hi

I was just wondering if you ever went to either of these two gyms.

:)

IS THERE A GYM IN ALBION?

I go to I-Motion Gym in Ebene and im very happy there :)http://www.imotiongym.com/public/index.html

Thanks Veruska! You are the second person to recommend this gym so it looks like I have to try it..:)

I have actually just made a move to Blue Bay and I have no clue whats around here except Fitness First. Still looking to dance dance dance!!! :)

if you come back to tamarin you could join the zumba class ~ great fun, especially if you enjoy latin dancing :)

Hello everyone..I'm looking for a contemporary dance class..can anyone help me plz?  Thnx :-)

Hello yashna and welcome to Expat.com!

As Harmonie has said, you can post an advert in the Classes section (Dance classes) in the Mauritius classifieds. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Have you tried Stellio and Andrea?? they give lesson of Salsa, Merengue , Bachata ( beginner level on Tuesdays) its in Phoenix (not far from Jumbo). if you need more inform send me a private message.
Thanks