Thinking about Kuwait

Hey,
I've been offered a job in Kuwait and am currently in the deciding phase!
Any thoughts on what it's like living here as a young single female would be greatly appreciated! I'm pretty for the move but would appreciate some advice about living there!

Thanks X

Hi BCoupe!

Welcome to Expat.com!
Have you tried browsing the various topics of the Kuwait forum?
You might get some useful infos ;)

Regards
Armand

Dear BCoupe,

hello and welcome to Kuwait - our little slice of heaven. the perception of the place differs from one person to the next, it all depends on your initial outlook.

first off; how long are u here for? whats your industry etc? those help determine life style.

overall, it is relatively safe for women in Kuwait - it is as dangerous as any other country in terms of potential gawkers and stalkers. the dress code is not as strict as Saudi and not as liberal as Dubai, a bit of a balance is maintained here.

Kuwait does not serve alcohol altho it is readily available at foreign embassies (US, UK etc).

there are many a way to keep an active social life beside a busy work life. keep in mind kuwait is a working country i.e. not many people come here for vacations and holidays, everyone is either working or living with someone who is working. we are all transients here.

its a worthwhile life; money in Kuwait is good and rents are ok-ish, its good Gulf Exposure, and will give u an insight into Middle East Life.

u can read up on a few other posts on the forum where gals asked the same Qs, im sure u will be informed of many other tidbits i may have missed.

Welcome aboard :D

Thanks, I'm a teacher and accommodation etc is all taken care of, which is great. There for a year, which is a perfect amount of time.

I've had a browse of the forum which has been pretty helpful.

I'm pretty outdoorsy and was wondering if there was much going on in that area?

Hi BCoupe,

welcome to Kuwait, so what do you teach?

I have a job offer as a Primary School teacher. That's what I'm qualified as.

Welcome BCoupe on EB and hope you enjoy

outdoorsy - theres a regular cycling club that meets every friday, they have jet skis for the summer, and plenty of deserts to trek. u could even combine a humanitarian effort with ur love for the outdoors by volunteering with Ks Path - the animal welfare shelter in Kuwait.

it depends on what floats your boat :)