Hi, family of 5 here. =) In need of more info

Hi, all we are a family of 5. 3kids age 11,9 and 5.
We are planing to move to Mauritius, its not easy to get answers on the net.. We are looking for a place to live, schools, jobs and so on...
So any tip and help is needed. If you have links to good sites where the fact is true please post them. Or point the way and i will go looking.

And BTW this is something we have been planing for a couple of years, we have read alot and learned a lot of Mauritius gov. site and other sites, but we belive there is more to learn about the country therefor we are seaking contacts here.

If iŽm of topic please excuse me and say where i should go!

Christian and Anne

Hello Christian

welcome to the blog! I suggest you read the guide to living here. It's on the left tab,under Network.

If you have further questions we'll be happy to help!

Hi Christian and Anne

I am trying to find someone who can maybe assist you in Finish or Swedish. Will let you know or ask them to contact you directly!

All the best!

alisa_ram wrote:

Hello Christian

welcome to the blog! I suggest you read the guide to living here. It's on the left tab,under Network.

If you have further questions we'll be happy to help!

Thx, but i perhaps missunderstod you.. i clicked there and didnt find a "living here" guide. When i klicked it i searched for my countryflag to find out experiences of others from Finland and that was just sad reading from 4years ago..

And if you meant the tab that says Guide i have been searching thruog that one too and...

sry i had to be more thoroughly.

Thx a lot for this.
=)

ooopss!Misguided you. There's a pdf version on the french forum. If you need some help with translating the guide PM me.

hei! olen suomalainen, asun Blue Bay:ssa Mauritiuksella ja neuvon sinua mielelläni ainakin asumisen suhteen. Voit käväistä nettisivullani bluebayproperties.mu josta löydät sähköpostiosoitteeni. Yst. terv, Outi de Falbaire ( os. Urmas)

Hei

Taalla olisi myos toinen puoliksi suomalainen perhe. Meillakin 3 lasta 8v, 4v ja 3kk. Autan mielellani, joten ota yhteytta [email protected].

Hanna

Hi Christine and Anne,

I would suggest that you come and visit the island first( if u can afford it of course@). Other people's view will definitely differ a lot from what you see on the island.

I moved here to settle down three years back and more than ready to move back!! People are so different here, attitudes, no sense of personal space( which is important for me), quite (moderated)..... A lot more to say. Trying to look at the good sides the thing me and my family see wonderful are the beach, the weather, up the mountains: where nobody gets into your business, the lettuces, and sweet potatoes!

As for a place that you are looking for, it depends on whether you want to rent or buy. I can recommend BIP prestige Agent company for you to get a good affordable renting house in Grand Baie which is the north of the island.

Schools for expats are quite expensive too. Public schools are free but still it will depend on you.

For jobs, you cn try applying to some companies but myjob.mu might be a good site~

Remember what sites tell you is not always the reality, expecially for Mauritius( as they are rarely updated)!!!What glitters is not always gold!

DISHA wrote:

Hi Christine and Anne,

I would suggest that you come and visit the island first( if u can afford it of course@). Other people's view will definitely differ a lot from what you see on the island.

I moved here to settle down three years back and more than ready to move back!! People are so different here, attitudes, no sense of personal space( which is important for me), quite disrespectful and dirty..... A lot more to say. Trying to look at the good sides the thing me and my family see wonderful are the beach, the weather, up the mountains: where nobody gets into your business, the lettuces, and sweet potatoes!

Remember what sites tell you is not always the reality, expecially for Mauritius( as they are rarely updated)!!!What glitters is not always gold!

And on your profile you said you are FROM Mauritius - talk about an oxymoron :rolleyes:

Please feel free to inbox me for more direct answers to your questions. We love the island and I can give you many reasons why! I will be happy to assist with any enquiries you have.

Mmm yes I am also puzzled by Disha's profile....from Mauritius to Thailand it says on the little flag?
I disagree with a lot of what Disha says anyway....pretty rude about the place if you ask me. :( Dirty,disrespectful etc??
Oh dear, at least the lettuce is nice........

My partner (living in Mauritius 5 years now) is a Swedish-Speaking Fin originally from Helsinki, Finland. She is not a member on this forum but, should you require any honest advice, just send me a message and i'll message you her email address. We are not providers of any services so we won't be selling you anything :)

Hi Christian and Anne,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

you may have a look at the "life in Mauritius" guide. Do not hesitate to ask specific questions on the Mauritius forum. Thank you.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi there,

You can find schools in the north such as north fields and I.PS ( both English schools, primary and secondary ), French school "Ecole du Nord", in the centre : Clavis Primary School and Le Bocage International School at Moka ( English as well, Ecole du centre ( French) , Morning Star school ( a christian based Primary and secondary ), also in the west of the island got Primary "West coast school ",
Check lexpressproperty.com for house . There is a big choice of where to live. Note that it is hotter in the north, west , windy in the east . Usually the centre in on higher grounds , therefore more rainfall and cooler . Most expat usually like to live near the beach . South Africans like to live in the north and West of the island. Many French in the North due to nearby French school. Hope this helped . Good clinics : Apollo Bramwell and Clinic Darne in Floreal ( centre)

Good luck