Cars?

Hi everyone
I am moving soon to Riyadh and would need to buy a car. So, what's the best second hand car (for a family of 4) to buy in Riyadh and where to buy it from? cost of no more than 40.000 SR. what I mean, if it breaks down the parts are not expensive and it's easy to repare too. Thanks

I think you are probably better off going for a new car, my understanding is that there is not a warrented difference between price of second hand and new now. And of course with a new car you dont have the wear and tear although that desnt always mean they work right :D and when you buy new you are likely to at least get a warrnty on it as well from the main dealers. However I have never bought a car in KSA so it's just hear'say

For people not planning to stay for long, I can't agree that they must consider vehicles technically very sound & expensive. The resell value and handy cheap maintenance gets the lead then.

My suggestion is to go for a Toyota Camry. Good resell value, easy and economical maintenance, more than enough for a family of 4. A 2006+ model muct be within your budget.

Your best bet will be to visit the dealer showrooms (Abdul Latif Jamil company aka ALJ). They have sales sections for 2nd hand cars. Also, they do provide cars on lease plans.

bbbelkadi wrote:

Hi everyone
I am moving soon to Riyadh and would need to buy a car. So, what's the best second hand car (for a family of 4) to buy in Riyadh and where to buy it from? cost of no more than 40.000 SR. what I mean, if it breaks down the parts are not expensive and it's easy to repare too. Thanks

Depends on your duration of stay, Simple and advisable rule is,

For Long run in KSA - go for the new car.
For a Short Run - Go for second hand.

Cheers

Thank you for your answer.
If I want to buy a Toyota Camry, what is the best way to buy it? I mean a second hand from another expat or brand new from a showroom? Then again, I guess I can't buy brand new as my budget will not be enough (40.000)?
Please help!

bbbelkadi wrote:

Thank you for your answer.
If I want to buy a Toyota Camry, what is the best way to buy it? I mean a second hand from another expat or brand new from a showroom? Then again, I guess I can't buy brand new as my budget will not be enough (40.000)?
Please help!

Brand New Camry for that budget will not be possible. However, if you have to buy the new car, make that (the amount you have) as the downpayment and you can get the loans from the bank.

Abdul Jameel Toyota Showroom will be your best bet to buy the 2nd hand car. The prices will be definitely on a little higher side, but surely you will get peace of mind.

You can have Pros and cons to buy it from the expats also.

Good Luck

:) Copying-Pasting a reply I posted to another thread yesterday:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Please have a look at this post for financing options.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=143836

Post updated.

TheLegendLeads
your link for the dealer info is a redirect to the same post :)
can you update please ?

Yes, it was redirect to THIS post :unsure . Removed.

Thanks for notifying.