Wanting to move to thailand.

Hi,
My best friend is moving to Thailand to marry his fiancée who is now pregnant. He has given up his job and wants to move over to live hopefully forever. Can anyone who has a direct knowledge of the process point him in the right direction as to long stay visas. He is taking over approx £1 million baht in cash. but no other assets or income. He is still of a working age and wants to potentially set up businesses with his missus when he gets there. So basically some down to earth help would be appreciated. He has been told by the Thai consulate in Wales that he can apply for an "O" visa for approx 1 year with a renewal in the UK but doesn't want to waste money flying to UK and back is there an easier way without resorting to the usual Cambodia to Thailand border run. Any help would be really appreciated. FYI he is moving to the Phictit area of LOS so anyone out that way please get in touch and you might find yourself with a new buddy living nearby.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Cheers.

First you friend should have researched before he made the jump.

The first thing he should do is deposit his money in bank account that is in his name only.  I say this because funds cannot be in a joint account when applying for a long stay visa.

I will not deal with the hoops he will need to jump through to get married so I hope he researched requirements.

Once married he will need to covert his current visa status to Non-IMM O Visa married to a Thai.  This usually can be done in Thailand preferable at Bangkok Immigration office.

The financial requirement for this visa is income of 40,000 baht a month OR 400,000 baht deposited in Thai bank for not less than two months prior to application. If he meets the financial requirements the easy part is complete.  He will next need all the supporting documents they require so he will need to ask immigration office he will be using.

Yes! I think so! and don't worry about your money.try to get visa to make you can stay here forever.if you want friend in here I can be. you can talk to me at facebook is [email protected]