Airport Customs Experiences - Please Advise

Anyone know of any expats who brought in a used TV in their cargo shipment? If Customs chargrd a duty on it and/or held up the shipment? If it burned out while on a voltage converter?

We've also learned that shipping of foods is quite problematic to Myanmar. Seems Customs caps our dry foods allowed in at 30Kg and will delay our shipment an Extra 2-3 weeks if consumables are listed in the inventory, and they prohibit ALL liquids! Now to try to return the good oils and sauces to the supermarket! ;(  or...
If you've arrived recently and had foodstuffs in your baggage, Please let us know if we'd have any problems bringing in liquid consumables, like olive oil, sauces, etc, in our baggage when we arrive. Do the Customs officials inspect expats' bags usually? If found, would they slap duties on our foods and liquids?

Any shipping- or baggage-related stories are most welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I bring food in my checked luggage, most are them are dry food and sometimes sauces ( special kind which we can't get in Myanmar )
You can get Olive oil there. If you are a coffee lover, I strongly suggest you to bring most of it.
The custom usually don't check the foreign passport holders. If someone, a local staff from your company can meet with you on your arrival, that will be good.If you have any problem with the custom, he can negotiate for you.
They may not slap duties, but you will surely have to give them some pocket money. Good luck.

ZTrules

Thanks for the advice.
Happy to say we packed a lot of food-much of it the liquids- in our suitcases and were not checked by Customs. Glad we did, as prices are quite high here for Euro and US-made groceries. Wish we'd packed more chocolate, :-)  as there's very limited variety, most is Asian-made, and it's expensive. Same goes for coffee.
We also found tv's at a mall to be only ~10% more than in the US (roughly same for small appliances, fyi), so glad we didn't bring one.