Hello everyone here too learn about Romanian life and culture

Hi all, my name is Marian and I am currently living in beutiful New Zealand which is near Australia for those who dont know. I'm here for a few reasons and id really appreciate any help or guidance from whoever has the time
So first off im originally from Romania, I was adopted from there when I was 5 years of age and I am now a 25 year old New Zealand citzeran.
I am trying to locate and find my real parents in Romania but I didn't relise it could be so difficult too do but I suppose im a world away without the cultural insight or resources to be able too do soo from here in New Zealand hence why I've decided to try and give this a go to see if somebody may help.
Im sure you guys have heard story's like mine plenty of times before but it is difficult for me, being a world away!

Anyway I have tried the white pages of Romanian phone book but to no real results. If anybody out there could help id be very grateful and would compensate them for there troubles. I used to be in contact with my real birth mother a few years ago but due to a sudden earthquake here in New Zealand as some of u may have herd about all off my letters from them and addresses have been lost. All I know is that they lived in a town called Gaesti which I have goggled numerous amount of times to maybe stumble upon some sort of help for finding missing people.

Also I have surfed the net heaps and wow what beautiful woman there are in my home land! So if there are any nice woman out there from Romania that would be interested in becoming friends and maybe even more let me know..I've checked out some Romanian dating sites but is it me or are Romanian woman are very shy even for just general conversation?

But asides from that any help from the above or any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thankyou
Marian

Hello Marian,

If you still remember your mother's full name, you could try searching the Romanian telephone directory to see if you get any hits for Gaesti. It's a biggish town but if her name isn't such a common one you might get lucky.

I've never associated the word 'shy' with Romanian women :lol:

I've tried the directory but couldn't find her..I know her first name is either lumenetsa or lucia I git confused weather that's my sisters name or mothers also I had a brother called costel and last I remember he used work for the railway in bucharest our surname used too be rezeanu but she remarried so I dnt know what her surname is now..also have a younger sis called alexander, is there anyway. I can put up flyers or something in gaesti to try and find them?