Movies & Entertainment in Taiwan

Hi there

can anyone direct me toward a good source for dvd and cinema release dates in Taiwan.

I would be grateful for a few pointers

getting ready to come and work out there and wanna find a few things out first.

Hi
The best link to satisfy your request would be
http://www.catchplay.com/.They are the main distributor of first run movies in Taiwan as well as DVD's.However as most things in Taiwan everything is in Chinese so if you don't have Goggle Translation on your computer it will be difficult to read.Sony is in the #2 slot but they do not have a movie link that I am aware of.For movies in English they have Chinese sub-titles but any Foreign movies are in their native language with no English subs only Chinese.The other link would be Yahoo Taiwan (Chinese only so you need Goggle Translation) which has a movie schedule of what is showing where in Taiwan with time schedules.When it comes to DVD's Taiwan has very very strict laws and only legal distributors such as CatchPlay & Sony can distribute which limits what is available on DVD or BlueRay.Unlike Hong Kong where I use to live which allows parallel imports Taiwan does not.Being a movie buff as I am over the years I have built up probably the largest private DVD Collection in Asia (last count 4800) so most of my friends wind up watching in my home or borrowing.Welcome to Taiwan anyway !!!!!!
BobK