Driving licences

Has anyone taken the Moroccan driving test yet, or found a good instructor to help get a Moroccan licence.  It's so frustrating not being able to drive on my British licence any longer!!  Any help or advice would be much appreciated.  Deana

Hi Deana,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you.

hey dear ,
i think that  the expatarites have 1 year from the time they arrive in the country to change their drivers license but i'm not sure of that !! to have a driving licences in morocco u have to  pass a test and you have  to pay around 3000 dhs !!

The required documents :

* Printed  a form called «PI», properly filled and signed by the applicant;
    * A certified copy of the original registration certificate or the receipt for filing of the registration certificate of the interested valid, accompanied by a certificate of residence issued within the last three months by the service of national security or the Royal Gendarmerie, for foreign applicants resident in Morocco
    * Receipt of payment of stamp duties and remuneration of service established by the legislation
    * A medical certificate issued within the last 3 months by an approved doctor certifying the medical fitness of the candidate for the mental category applied for;
     * A certificate of completion for the application to the examination for the requested category issued by the educational institution
     * Two recent  photographs of face, color, format (35x45) mm, white background.

costs
300DH to the registration and stamps; 100 DH to perception.
Place of deposit
The department responsible for issuing driver's licenses under the Ministry of Works and Transport of residence of the applicant.
Place of issue
The department responsible for issuing driver's licenses under the Ministry of Works and Transport of residence of the applicant.
Period of validity

10 Years
contact

Source of information (department of origin)

Ministry of Equipment and Transport - Ministry of Works and Transport

registration certificate means reisdent card !!

I was told by reliable people that persons having valid driving licence from some countries can drive in Morocco if they carry that driving licence with them.  The countries mentioned included some European countries, USA and some countries of Middle East.

Thankful, if somebody can confirm this.

i think so also french people

Thank you Moroccan1 for your information.  @ Work2Win - You can drive here for 1 year on your licence but after that you have to either exchange your licence or take a test.  You can only exchange your licence if it was issued in Egypt, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy or any country that will exchange a Moroccan licence.  So as Morocco does not recognize the British licence and the British will not exchange a Moroccan licence I have to obtain a Moroccan licence by taking a test here.  This is a new law that was introduced in October 2010.  If you are not driving on a recognised licence here and you have an accident, your insurance will not cover you.

Hello,
Has anyone taken this driver examination test?
Is it possible to take it in English?
Is there a study guide, web site, or pamphlet explaining this information?

My American license expires at the end of this year and ironically that is just about a month before when I am required to change it to a Moroccan one anyway.
I don't speak French so I have been avoiding changing it over.I suppose it is an issue I must address now.

hey u can only change it if u u'r leicense expires :
this is what u neeed :
* Printed  a form called «PI», properly filled and signed by the applicant;

* a copy of u'r expire license
    * A certified copy of the original registration certificate or the receipt for filing of the registration certificate of the interested valid, accompanied by a certificate of residence issued within the last three months by the service of national security or the Royal Gendarmerie, for foreign applicants resident in Morocco
    * Receipt of payment of stamp duties and remuneration of service established by the legislation
    * A medical certificate issued within the last 3 months by an approved doctor certifying the medical fitness of the candidate for the mental category applied for;
     * A certificate of completion for the application to the examination for the requested category issued by the educational institution
     * Two recent  photographs of face, color, format (35x45) mm, white background.
costs
300DH to the registration and stamps; 100 DH to perception

Hi Hello,

Has anyone taken this driver examination test?
Is it possible to take it in English?
Is there a study guide, web site,
or pamphlet explaining this information?

Thinking Regards