Where can I buy big shoes / sandals in HCMC?

Hi,

So I was hoping that someone can help me with a bit of a headache at the moment.

I am shoe size UK12 / US13 / EUR47 and I can't find anywhere in HCMC to buy some new sandals.

I have walked around the shopping centres, Saigon square, Ben Thanh market & the shoe street by it and I can't find anywhere that has sandals my size!

Where can I go???? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

You can go to Tax Thuong Xa (The Tax Store), at the corner of Le Loi and Nguyen Hue.  On the third floor, counting the ground floor as #1, there are a few shoe vendors.  The one in the middle, beside the down bound escalator, has shoes that fit me (12/46).  I've bought 5 pairs there and they have held up well.  They're priced from 400K and they have the prices clearly marked.  You can get socks there too.

Also try 125 Bui Vien.  They have knock-off Birkenstocks for about 150K VND.  45 is the biggest size avilable, but it's a "big" 45.

They're similar to these and have held up well for me, even with the rigors that motorbike riding subjects them to.

You can get TOMS shoes at:

SHOP DIGITAL 24G
46 Nguyen Cu Trinh Street, Pham Ngu Lau Ward
Quan 1, TP HCM
Tel: +84-(0)-2212-6364

Two guys sharing space.

Nguyen Cu Trinh Street runs off Tran Hung Dao, it is the third intersection on the right after Nguyen Thai Hoc. That's one lock away from Bui Vien Street!

195B LY CHINH THANG
PHUONG 7 Q3

That's one of the MANY shoe stores on that street. Found shoes for my husband and his friends there.

Initially they'll say "NO SIZE FOR YOU", just keep looking for something you like and TRY them on. Ask for the biggest size they have.
Don't forget to bargain! most of the shoes don't have any price on them (rare ha!) so most of the time you can negotiate with them. I bought roughly 20 pairs of shoes (for me and my sisters) and got very nice discounts.

Good Luck!

you can find the big size on the Bitis shop. There is alot of shop on the Ben Thanh market, on the stress,
Hope you will not headache anymore

:)

Hi

You can go to Ly Chinh Thang street (nearby Women Club Dist 3)that have a lot of shoes shop for big size. Hope you find out.

Cheers

I bought work shoes (leather uppers and composite soles) from:

Long Thanh
67B Thap Muoi Street, Ward 2
Quan 6, TP HCM

Tel: 08-960-0981

This is yards from the Cho Lon bus station and the same street as BinhTay Market

They are wholesalers and have a wide variety of types of shoes as well styles. The owner speaks fluent English (about 17 shop staff).

He guessed my foot size without measuring and was spot on. My size in UK/Canada 11, wide. VND400,000.

Good quality, not VN poor quality stuff. This is Chinatown so the prices are fair.

You can check out the Russian Market at 225 Võ Văn Kiệt District 1 (in the Central Garden Building)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

@dawm123 go to the tunnels of cu chi they make them right there Tito 1st cav B co 2/12 68-69 been back 3 times good tour range fire just about anything people are great 🙏🇵🇷

@dawm123 go to the tunnels of cu chi they make them right there Tito 1st cav B co 2/12 68-69 been back 3 times good tour range fire just about anything people are great 🙏🇵🇷
-@trtrtrcu2

Hello trtrtrcu2, and welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for your suggestion, however the member you are responding to, dawn123, has not been active for over a decade. It is doubtful that they will receive your response.

To view messages from current members of the HCMC forum, or to post a new topic of your own, please see here. (link)

For the Vietnam general forum, here. (link)

Again, welcome to expat.com. Lots of friendly folk here!