Need help in getting visas.

we are a youth group coming to Croatia next month, but we will need help in getting visas.Could you help us with documentations to get residence permit?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Bernard.

Hi Bernard.,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have introduced your topic as a new thread on the Croatia forum because you were off topic on the other discussion.

Best of luck,
Christine

[Moderated: Keep this type of comment for yourself]

We are also having a major battle to get our 1 year visas
The law apparantly changed and on 1 Jan and it makes it practically impossible for SA folk
We have 2 established companies, we have the min amounts, we have met all the conditions still we have problems
Any sugestions or contacts welcome
Emil

Hello, I have lived in Croatia several times. Had medical treatment there, spent much money there and would prefer to live there but....... having observed and gone through the preliminaries of trying to get residency I came to the conclusion that the HR establishment wants only tourists but does not want foreigners living in their country. I must concede that my thoughts are mostly intuitive and I did not follow through with an application to any kind of conclusion. But you know sometimes the hunch or strong intuitive feelings are in the end, the true picture. Sretno- Roslin

Thank you Roslin
We are feeling the same way
Every door is being shut in our face
We have spent R20,000 on flight changes to accommodate the process we have had to transfer thousands and still new stones come in our way, but we have no choice we must go on .

Bonjour à tous,
Je suis croate, j'habite à Split (Dalmatie-Croatie) et je travaille beaucoup avec des étrangers comme une traductrice assermentée, plusieurs fois sur l'obtention du permis de séjour et du permis de travail.
Pour l'instant il y a 3 possibilités quand un étranger peut obtenir les permis déterminés:
1. si vous avez stipulé le mariage avec le/la croate/e
2. si vous êtes le propriétaire d'un bien immobilier en Croatie
3. si vous travaillez en Croatie dans votre propre société laquelle doit avoir le profit chaque année et laquelle doit se développer si vous voulez prolonger le permis obtenu.
Il n'y a plus de possibilités pour s'installer et vivre légalement en Croatie plus de 6 mois par an.
Beaucoup d'étrangers ont obtenu le permis de séjour temporel avec lequel ils peuvent habiter et vivre en Croatie 6 mois pendant une année, ça veut dire: 2 fois de 3 mois successifs au maximum.
Si vous avez besoin de l'aide, vous pouvez me contacter directement sur e-mail : [email protected] et je vous direz quoi faire car je connais très bien toute la procédure.
La Croatie doit entrer en UE dans une année, en juin 2013, alors il sera beaucoup plus facile pour les étrangers d'obtenir le permis de séjour et le permis de travail.
Katarina

I wrote answer on French because my English isn't so good. I hope that you can understand. If you need translation, I'll do it but I don't guarantee that it will be perfect :)

Hi kkatarina!

As this is the anglophone forum i guess the majority of members won't understand :P
Maybe you could start translating and we shall help you ;)

Regards
Armand

Ah, the blessings and curses of Google Translate...

Hi all,
I'm Croatian, I live in Split (Dalmatia, Croatia) and I work a lot with strangers as a certified translator, repeatedly obtaining residence permits and work permits.

For now there are three possibilities when a foreigner can obtain permits determined:
1. if you have stipulated marriage with him / Croatian / e
2. if you are the owner of a property in Croatia
3. if you work in Croatia in your own company which must have profit every year and which must develop if you want to extend the license obtained.

There are more opportunities to settle and live legally in Croatia over 6 months per year.

Many foreigners have been granted temporary residence permits with which they can live in Croatia and live six months in a year, that means: two successive times of 3 months maximum.
If you need help, you can contact me directly on email: [email protected] and I will tell you what to do because I know very well the whole procedure.

Croatia should enter the EU in one year, in June 2013, then it will be much easier for foreigners to obtain residence permits and work permits.
Katarina

Thank you very much Thiswildride :)
That's what I wanted to say and explain.

By
Katarina

Of course, every visa application is reviewed case-by-case. So it's hard to generalize about the application process, and it's also difficult to give advice if we don't know your specific situation. (Nanciza and Ecoafrika, you haven't really explained what you're having problems with or which type of visa you are applying for.)

I am in the process of applying for a visa, and it has actually gone much smoother than I anticipated. Knowing some Croatian has helped me tremendously, though. In my case, I am applying for a "volunteer" visa. I'll be volunteering at a Croatian institution.

There is some helpful information available on MUP's website (Ministry of Interior Affairs): http://www.mup.hr/1266.aspx. I would suggest starting there, or perhaps contacting your embassy in Zagreb, if there is one. And Kkatarina seems very knowledgeable in this area, so it sounds like she'd be able to help you as well.