Way of life outside of tripoli

hi everyone. i'm considering of taking a teaching job in a university outside of tripoli..does anybody have any idea of university life in libya..and the way of life outside of tripoli because chances are i would be assigned some teaching chores outside of tripoli..any comments would be highly appreciated thank you in advance.

Hiya Everyone
My husband is moving to Libya to work.Could someone please give us an idea what it is like to live and work in the country.

sandyt wrote:

Hiya Everyone
My husband is moving to Libya to work.Could someone please give us an idea what it is like to live and work in the country.

How about you try reading through the wealth of information already posted on here?

glen_1965 wrote:

hi everyone. i'm considering of taking a teaching job in a university outside of tripoli..does anybody have any idea of university life in libya..and the way of life outside of tripoli because chances are i would be assigned some teaching chores outside of tripoli..any comments would be highly appreciated thank you in advance.

The life outside Tripoli is more quite and comp good people and nice simple life very kind people who like to help the foreignness,

Many people told me country side is good. How about Missurat city. Any major difference from Tripol

I have got the opportunity in 7th October University (Missarat) as teaching faculty. Can anyone tell me the conditions over there.!

Misurata?

It's a port city (which was a fishing village 20 years ago...) about 250km east of Tripoli.

There's a port there....

Hi Sandman, Its really glad to see message. All are worth to read. Each one of them are very informative.

How is internet connection in Misurat. Transport service from Tripoli to Misurat. Cost of living there in Misurat.

Do you find any problems in with contract and settlements. Because, I heard from some one that, it is difficult to get the promised salary package,there will be so many hidden taxes. One get salary after few months of joining job...

If you don't mind, can you explain to me in detail.

Internet connection - have a look at this link and zoom in on Misurata:

LTT WiMax coverage

Transport: No fcuking clue. Plenty of camels I imagine.

Cost of living: A/A

Salary: A/A

Taxes: Local Libyan taxes are around 10-15%