Suggestions on areas to move to in KL

Dear All

I'm looking for some advice, my husband and I are looking to move to KL in the summer, can some one please suggest some good areas to rent in.
We are thirty some things, no kids so don't need to be near a school, very sociable but too old to be living in the middle of a party! We have the usual expat package, accomadation, expenses, car etc. we will be working in the Sentral/ Brickfields area (I think that's right). Would prefer not to have a long commute time, I hate facing the crowds across town every morning and night, but if we need to to get a great area that's fine.

Also, rental leases are they available for 6 months, 1 year or month to month?

Thank you all in advance, we appreciate you taking the time to help.

bangsar is a nice place n not too far from kl central n brickfields

Thanks Caesar, I'll take a look.

Hi, I would suggest Valencia in bit outskirt from KL .Less traffic and many expats are staying there.Let me know when intended to move to KL .Perhaps i can help .@khtan Email ; [email protected]

Hi there,

Bukit Robson Condominium is a low rise freehold condominium located on a hill in Taman Seputeh, 10min away from Mid Valley City and 20min from KLCC. It is designed in tudor style architecture that provides an ambience of an old English countryside.
Seputeh neighborhood is strategically located in the centre of Bangsar, Brickfields,Mid Valley City and KL Sentral. There are plenty of amenities in the vicinity and its surroundings.
Besides that, Seputeh is also nearby Bangsar Village, 1 Utama Shopping Centre and The Curve. As for medical centres, there are Pantai Medical Centre and Universiti Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) located in Bangsar, and Taman Desa Condominium located in Taman Desa.

Cheers
Ladisalv

Hi, I have been in kl for 6 months now and we live in the gated community of Federal Hill. It's right next to sentral station which is handy and lots of other expats live here. It's only 5 minutes walk to the station and 10 minutes drive to Bangsar. U could probably walk to work in 15-20 minutes

I know the properties here are condos, townhouses and villas and most have are year long contracts with the option to extend. most properties here need 3 months deposit though which caught us out moving here.

Hope u find somewhere nice!

Hello... please try - mudah.my;  you can find many good apartments in many location. Good luck and have a safe stay in KL

Hi. Which part of UK are you guys from? Anyway I need to know your budget for me to make suggestions. There are a lot of high end expat friendly condo in Sentral itself but the rent is between RM5-8k easily. Or you can look for Pantai Hill park Area which is a 20-30 minutes drive away and not far from the tube (we call it LRT here)

hi,

an ideal place for u to stay could be palm court condominium its in brikfields take a look at it and its around 2k to 2.5 k a month for a 3Bedroom unit.

Hey, you can check out the following places, Titiwangsa, Desa Park City, Bangsar. Based on this listing - propertyguru.com.my/property-listing/12-6-2012-lelong-pandan-mewah-heights-ampang-for-s-967535 rental for these areas are about rm4000 a month..