Living cost in Tripoli libya

i m from Pakistan & Ask about the living cost average in a month in Tripoli. Law & Order situations their and business & job opportunities.
Please Guide if you have some informations

the cost of living really depends on your lifestyle, the major cost you will pay for is the rent and ranges between ~500 USD for below the average flat or in a far place, to something about ~3500 and up for a nice house in a nice place.
For the law and order the police have small presence now in tripoli but it is safe in general you may just not go out very late in night in far places for now, it could be fine but just in case.

Hello,
I noticed your post about the cost of living in Libya. Would you know the cost of living(food, electricity, rent, cell phone bill cost,basic transportation/taxi costs per km/mile?) for a family of 2 adults and three children under the age of three?

I am trying to get a rough estimate. I am willing to spend $700-800 for rent in hopes of getting a descent place in tripoli. would it be possible to get a descent place for that little money in that area? We could use air conditioner, washer/dryer, furnished or unfurnished house or flat.

Also, Do food venders raise the price of food if they see you are a foreigner? Do taxi drivers raise the price as well if they see you are a foreigner? In egypt they raise the price by 200% which is not good.

I just need to know basics like even cost for food for a month for 4-5 people. I need to know these thing upon taking a job over there. They are offering 4500 L.D. I dont know if this would be enough money for all of us plus saving money for emergencies such as pregnancy or health issues you know.

Either way, any help would be great!
thank you
Amanda

Hi Amanda and welcome to Expat.com!

You may also start a new thread on Tripoli forum for better visibility.;)

Harmonie.