Close

Doing business in Nepal

Namaste My name is Khim khadka I'm from dang Ghorahi but currently I'm working in Dubai . Since 2008 to till now . But I have the plan to Seattle in Nepal and do some business like tour and travel agency . But I don't have any idea to do business .

Khim  khadka  g  namaskar.    What  kinds  of  business ?

Like tour and travel agency or hotel ?

I  staying  in  ecuador.  From  nepal  and  india  we  can  supply   maney   kinds  of  production  to  south  america.  By  the  way   which  part  of  nepal   you  from. I  am  from  walling  nepal.

Hello Shukhar. What's your status reg opening a bp hostel. Any progress so far. Let's talk.

shukhar :

I have recently (on 13th April, 2015, to be precise) returned from Nepal. I was in Pokhara for about a month. The purpose of my visit was to see if I could reside here and find some sort of job, in tourism sector or may be find a person who would be interested to open a backpacker hostel (I found no backpacker hostel in Pokhara--with dormitories and all, as they have in Bangkok and Chiang Mai; if there's any, I'm certain it would be nothing more than a few beds piled in one room, which is no way near to my idea of backpacker hostel) and enlightening travelers about the places to do in India and Nepal ( for most people do both of these countries together). A place that would be staffed by volunteers with 1-2 permanent employees. And I have found that Pokhara has a huge potential for such a venture. Now, if anyone out there is interested to discuss something about the possibilities: you're welcome.

Another thing that made me take more interest in Nepal is that majority of its populace understand fair amount of Hindi.

Hello Karma sir, Namaskar.
I am Raj Kumar from Mid west of Nepal (jumla).  Could you please provide me your mobile number please.

Thank You.
Raj

About this one subject:  "Doing Business in Nepal"
Without being critical or unfair toward this country  I have loved, I have this one totally sincere piece of advice:

FOR PLEASURE:
if you are a foreigner, go to Nepal to do trekking, to see the mountains, admire the scenery, take photographs, go paragliding, climb mountains, admire or climb Everest and much more....because the people - particularly outside of the major cities - are wonderful people

BUT FOR BUSINESS:.

if you are a foreigner, DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF TRYING TO CREATE A NEW BUSINESS IN NEPAL.  If people tell you otherwise, you will learn to regret it, trust my old experience.

P.S.  On the other hand, there is nothing to prevent you from going there to buy handicrafts, cashmere, tibetan carpets, natural incense or hundreds of other fine products from Nepal, ...
and exporting them...but that is a totally different matter altogether.  Nothing wrong with that, on the contrary!

now ...you can do as you wish!!!

I agree..nepal is just one of those developing countries where a foreigner is seen as a lemon to squeeze and throw away on the next plane home.

Expatriate health insurance in Nepal

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Nepal

Moving to Nepal

Find tips from professionals about moving to Nepal

Travel insurance in Nepal

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Nepal

Flights to Nepal

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Nepal