Doing business in Tanzania

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Tanzania?

Is it complicated to register a company in Tanzania? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Tanzania?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

Hi Julien.

Investors are warmly welcome to Tanzania for all investment sectors.We have a government agency called Tanzania Investment Centre as a primary agency of the Government in all investment matters, TIC is charged with the following functions: Assist in establishment of enterprise e.g. incorporation and registration of enterprises; Obtain necessary licenses, work permits, visas, approvals, facilities or services; Sort out any administrative barriers confronting both local and foreign investments; Promote both foreign and local investment activities; Secure investment sites and assist investors to establish EPZ projects; Grant Certificates of Incentives, investment guarantees and register technology agreement for all investments, which are over and above US$ 300,000 and US$100,000 for foreign and local investments respectively; Provide and disseminate up to date information on existing investment opportunities, benefits or incentives available to investors: and Assist all investors whether or not registered by TIC.

However there is also a government agency called BRELA (Business Registration and Licencing Agency) which deals with registration of companies of capital less than that of TIC.

It can usually take few days (Up to 2) depending on readiness of your company in operation to register a company. What you need is the plot for office and physical/postal address ; all office requirements and other requirements that will be needed from the agencies you prefer registering for more information please read this article (http://www.tanzania.go.tz/commerce.html).

I personally have a company called GREENOVATE COMPANY LIMITED as CEO and it took us few days to register due to readiness and completetion of the requirements by the authorities/agency.

Another thing Julien; if you want to know about other investment opportunities that currently Tanzania have for investors i will recommend you to read these articles (http://www.bot-tz.org/publications/TZIn … dm.org/sub Saharan%20Africa/Tanzania/Workshop%20&%20Briefing/InvestmentOpportunitiesTanzania_Mnali.pdf).

If you would like more information please contact me to my email address: [email protected] or [email protected] and we will discuss more about opportunities here as iam one of the lead new native investor in Renewable energy and i have been to South Africa recently for a pitch presentation via (AFRICEF-2 Business plan competition-as a semifinalist to Philanthropic Organizations and Investors in RE in Africa) for my company. You are welcome for joining us here...please write me.

Edson.

Hi Julen!!

I forgot to mention...corporate tax rate is 30%. This varies and for investors they may be given exemptions depending on investment type....with recruitment-we have several recruiting agencies, it will be easy as they will do everything on your behalf ...
Please e-mail me as per my displayed email accounts in above!!

Hi Edson Uhale,

Thank you very much for this useful information. :)

(moderated: no free ads on the forum please)

Hi Julien,
type of personnel  you need is what will determine how easy the  recruit, but there are recruiting agents which you may use too, or if you don't wish to, you may put advent in news papers and you will be surprised with the application.

Welcome tanzania