Doing business in Oman

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Oman?

Is it complicated to register a company in Oman? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Oman?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

hi
What kind of business you thinking in muscat?the procedure is not complex but mismanaged and therefore take time.iam an omani doctor but lived in usa for my life before coming to muscat.
give me more detail about your project.
thanks dr.nishat shams

Hi,

To do business in Oman you need a Omani sponsor usually he or she will already have a company, 32% of your workforce will need to be Omani this may have changed and the percentage may be higher, labour is the easy bit as most of the labour in Oman is cheap Indian Labour, which is exploited large scale.

As with most of the Middle East, may I ask what kind of business as I myself am looking into setting up in Oman in Engineering.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Thanks for your posts !

nishat, I am thinking about general business ..

Hi. My name is Erika. I am Italian and coming from the hotel background in Food & Beverage-Banqueting in Dubai and Amsterdam, NL.
I like to have some info regarding the possibilities for opening Italian Restaurant in Oman. Muscat or Sohar.
Please, if can helping me with the telephone or email of the Chamber of Commerce of Sohar.
Thanks for all info.
Regards

Dear Sir
There are certain procedure for doing business in Oman, You need to register your company. Please mail me on****so that I can guide you and help you off course if you are in need.

With Thanks
Anand kumar

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please exchange your private contact via your private message system. Thank you

Hello Sir, I am working in Oman since 3 years as a Purchase manager in frozen and fish meal factory.

start your business in Frozen or Fish meal factory its good profitable business in Oman.

Thank you