Moving to mumbai

Hi. My husband aand I will be moving to india in a few months and I really would like to know what to expect. I have some few questions and I would really appreciate if you can help us.
1. My husband's co. is located in Thane, is it a nice and safe place to reside as well? I prefer to live near my husband's workplace.
2.how do foreign women dress in India. Is it ok to wear skirts (long)and blouse or is it really advisable to wear salwar kameez?
3. I heard that mumbai is an expensive city specially the accomodation. I dont know yet about the housing terms with the co. but just in case they won't shlouder the rent, will a salary of 4000euros be enough to get by?
4. I dont know what kind of visa we will be gatting but will it possible for me to have at least a part time job?

ok, I know I'mm full of questions but I would be really happy to have some light about these matters.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Era

Welcome to india. It is perfectly safe in mumbai/Thane Area.

Thane - in a way is suburbs/extension of mumbai which is developed very nicely and relatively cheap compared to mumbai.

I suggest you to stay in Thane ( near the work place)

The conversion rate of Euro to Indian Rupess is - 1 Euro = 70 Indian Rupee, I.E. 4000 Euro works out around Rs 2,80,000/Month

Safely you can work as below ( figure in Indian Rupee)

Accomodation ( un furnished )- 2 BHK - Around 20 K TO 25 K
Transport/coomutaion                            10 K
Schooling/child/Month                          5 to 7 k
Domestic help/Servant                           2 k
Grocery/other misc                            15 to 20 K

total               around  55 k to 80 K

still you save a lot

A Movie ticket/person will cost you maximum Rs 300

Dinner for two in a decent restuarnat       - 2 K

Regarding dressing is concerned, now people are much broad minded. You can wear long or short skirt what ever you want.

I don't think with above salary , you will be required to work.

Just enjoy your stay in india. For searching apartment in thane, you can refer one good website- magicbricks.com

cheers & bye.:)

for any other details , you can mail me on [email protected]

Dear Doshihm,

Thanks so much for the reply, I've been really eager to her one. So, it's nice to know that Thane is a nice place to live, I feel more comfortable about it now and really looking forward to our move to India.

Thanks.

Era

Hi,
I will be traveling to Amsterdam from 30th Oct to 4th nov. looking for  cheaper accommodation options. Please advise. you can send me mails at [email protected]

Just visit related country forum (Amsterdam forum) on this website & post your need there, who in India will give you reply for Europe?