From a family of settlers to a non-settler herself...

Hallå and hello! I am American by citizenship however I have lived in Sweden and planning on moving to Ghana for several months. My blog entails stories from my travels as well as random ramblings and that sort. I am a big fan of adding photographs along side with my text to make it more... user friendly.

A little bit about myself: Well something rather comical- part of my family came to the United States to establish the colonies. However being the first to move away from the states is a bit strange to my family. My citizenship overall does not speak similarly to the way I feel towards my culture. It seems as though I have never felt connected to this culture I was bound to from birth. My life is full of surprises and wandering to find my cultural fit. If I am never to find one culture in which feels like the perfect fit, I feel as though my life will have not been a waste, rather a fully examined life and well worth every moment.

A wise man once said that 'not all who wander are lost' and I agree to the fullest degree. That is how I view my life.

Please feel welcome to freely read my blog and comment. I really enjoy Expat and blog following with people from all walks of life. Hope you enjoy!

I can speak English and limited Swedish

Cheers!
Nicole

hi nicole, when are u planning of moving to Ghana exactly??? i love traveling myself. may i know what u'll be doing here, if u dnt mind my asking? i love my motherland cos its always summer here! i took it for granted until i travelled overseas and xperienced winter. then i wished i was back in Ghana and now that i am i miss France.strange; lol. well let me know when you get here ok?:)

Hello Sunnyvee!

I am planning now for January to move to Ghana. Sadly I was supposed to be there already but things didn't work out just yet to go. Studying at University of Ghana-Legon as well as probably doing an internship.

The feeling of taking your motherland for granted is definitely something I know the feeling of as well. But I love traveling and other cultures too much to stay put in the United States.

What do you do in France, if I may ask? Do you plan on visiting Ghana anytime in the next year?

Cheers! Will do!

hey to you nicole. Am a french major so i was in france for my third academic year. that was in 2007 so i came back to Ghana last September to complete wiv my final year. i graduated in May. at the moment am on the search for an internship.  am in Ghana but i dnt kno for how long tho. if i shd relocate i'll let u kno
if u hav any qxns abt lyf in Ghana dont hesitate to ask me,i'll be glad to be of help. just lyk you, i luv travelling too dats y i dnt mind taking up job offers abroad, so long as the pay is gud:D
so u in the states at the moment?
take kerr aight