New to Bergen

Hello,

I am a young easy going guy looking to find new friends in bergen. I am from scotland and i will be travelling back an forth from Bergen with work.

Looking to meet both male and female friends.

Thanks
Charlie

Hi Charlie!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hi Charlie,

There's a pretty big Scottish presence in the city. I think there's a Scottish society and there's even a pretty active pipe band.

Hi Charlie,

I'm moving to Bergen on Sunday and also hoping to make some new friends.  Let me know if you'd like to go for a drink or something in the next few weeks?  The invitation's open to anyone else on here too!

Cat

hi Brendan. ,,Just moved here last week (from Australia)" sorry  because i ask ,  not a good life in Australia ?  weather is good in au ! to live in au , i think is more better like no , true ?!

Hi Brendan,

I'm up for trying to get a little group together! Let me know if you want to meet up - i don't have much going on at the moment.

Cat

Hello, did anyone manage to actually meet up in the end? I'm in the same situation. 27 year old guy from UK, moving to Bergen for work. Be cool to know if there's any other new heads here. :)

Hey Matthew. Their seems to be a few threads of people discussing a possible meet. Ive on been here a week but I'm hoping something does get organised as it would be nice to meet some more people.

Someone needs to take control i think, this will not be me by the way haha

Hi people, Im now in Bergen for work. I have only been here a few days but I see a few of you were trying to arrange a meet up with a group of people. Im definitely up for that. I work with an Irish guy who also fairly new here and is also up for it, so shall we get the ball rolling? :-) When are people free? Next weekend or weekend after? Let us know people.

Matt.

Hey Matt, I was away last week so only just seen your post. This week may be a bit soon to try and get a few people together so how about next week? 12th to 15th ish im thinking.

Hi!  I'd still like to meet up with some new folk too.  I'm away on holiday 12th-22nd, but no plans for this coming weekend, or I could do a school night?

Hi guys,  how are you? Yeah that sounds good to me.... I can do whenever. Next weekend is cool with me Bobby or wait till Cat gets back. Weekend would probably be better, but if everyone can make a week night that's cool. What do you think?

Hi All

I'm also recently arrived in Bergen (have been here a week) and would love to meet up with a few fellow brits.  I'm over here on my own at the minute but I'm married with kids, the family will all be moving over in september.  Finding it a bit odd being in a really quiet apartment all the time.

look forward to something being organised, I'm free any time really but will be going back to the UK fairly often.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Bergen,

I know exactly the feeling. Cabin fever or what? Haha. I think we should all set a date for a get together at a pub or bar in Bergen, so we can have a few drinks and a laugh with some fellow Brits. How about next weekend people?

Sounds good to me

I have no idea what pubs to try though.

Hi everyone! i just arrived in Bergen. I would like to meet people here and i'd be up to join you guys if we can fix a meeting point?

Oh, and i broke my foot just the week end before i arrived here... so i can only join you if it's in the city center! "walking distance" for me is a very limited distance for others! :D

How strange, I've been stuck in the apartment most of the week looking after my foot on the back of an injury from about a year ago that just won't go away.

There seemed to be a suggestion of doing something this weekend but it all went a bit quiet unfortunately.

I'm not around next week either unfortunately, taking atrip back to the uk for a few days.

it's going to be difficult for me to move tonight. This stupid foot is killing me :(

but tomorrow, i'm planning to try to "walk" a little bit in town to take some pictures of this town. (if the weather is ok!)

Hi people, good to see a few on here now. We should just set a time and place or it will never happen. How about next Saturday at say 7/8 at Scruffy Murphys? Can have a drink and chat and see who turns up and take it from there. I work with an Irish guy and I'm from London. We hang about together but would be really cool to meet some more English. I feel like we re almost non existent out here! Haha. Let me know who's in....

Scruffy Murphys at 7/8... i'll be there!

Well say 7.30 so it's a definite. Whats your name mate? As for you Paul, there a girl on the thread Cat who's away to, so maybe we ll all meet the following weekend aswell if all is ok. So you can both come
any others who wish to come. Been house bound most of the time I've been here to be honest. Driving me mad! Lol.

Hey guys, apologies for disappearing, been very busy job searching, (with no luck). I actually have my old dear coming over this weekend so can't do anything but I could probably do the following one, keep me updated.

Hi! Just saw your posts and would like to join you guys. Unfortunately I cannot make it this weekend, but maybe anybody here would like to meet up Friday, the 27th? By then Cat would be back to, saw she is on holidays right now.

Moreover i know,that Kaos in the city centre offers some drinks to reduced prices every day, so maybe this could be a place to consider as well ;-)
Anybody on?

Greetings, Taskja

PS: Get well soon, Manchot. If it helps: am on crutches rigth now as well. Sucks. But at least it comes with increased odds to get chairs in a stuffed pub ;-)

Hi Taskja, nice to see you on here. Are you a friend of Cat aswell? It looks like a lot of people are busy next weekend, so I'm thinking maybe that weekend Friday 26th July or Saturday 27th might be better for everyone. Then Bobby, Cat and Paul can also come. Is this ok with you Manchot? Me and Pete (my friend from work) will still be out next weekend though if you fancy a beer before the end of the month? At Scruffys or Finnegans which is cheaper.

So is this 3 people with injuries now?? Haha. What the hells been happening? Hope your all recovering ok.

PS - good suggestion about cheap drink Taskja, me and Peter found another cheap place, Finnegans Irish bar next to Ricks. 55 Krone a pint! :) But I'm happy to try Kaos aswell.

Let me know if this is cool.

Matt.

I had someone mention Kaos to me as worth a look as well.

I'm back on my feet again now, it's one of those annoying injuries that's painful for a few days then fine again for a month or 2.

27th is great for me, 7:30 sounded a good time so shall we agree on that and Finnegans sounds like a decent place to start.

Hello new folks! Welcome to Bergen! Hope your enjoying our fabulous summer!!!

At least we know it's raining in the UK too!!

Anyways, I would love to come and meet you all, always good to meet new folks. So, I will be keeping an eye on arrangements and may join as long as I can get away from home.  :)

hey guy.

does anyone mind if I tag along? moved here from surrey like 3 years ago. Be good to meet some people from home :)

ill be free on saturday night :) kaos is good btw.

Course you can mate. Everyone's welcome!

Hi again everybody, how nice to see that little by little there is a group gathering here :-)   

But I think maybe there has been a confusion with dates and weekdays? If I am not mistaken, Friday, is the 27th and Saturday the 28th. Would be great if we could go for Friday,27th, as I have to work on Saturday. But as it seems, most of us are free then.

Matt, does your calender say the same? ;) Thx by the way for the warm welcome and the recovery-wishes. No idea, what is going on. Must be a crutch-fluensa, hahaha ;-)

@Joeyparkash: Hi!- Does Friday sound good, too?

Looking forward to meet you guys.

Hey!!

Yes. I can do the either day, so if everyone just says if it's ok and we ll say 8 at Finnegans on the Friday then! :) And yes its good to see interest Taskja! :)

Is Friday the 27th ok with everyone?

Nice! They should add a "like-button" here ;-)
Anyways, I'll be there. See u around then!

27th is good for me. In my calendar now! :)

27th at 8pm gets a thumbs up from me as well.

Ha, just popped on here to see if anyone fancied going to Finnegans on friday 27th, how weird?!  Great to see you've all had the same idea - I'll be there with bells on.

This is looking good!! Should be a good laugh! :) Roll on 27th......!  :cheers:

Hopefully if Manchot and Bobby can make it too we will have a full group! :) Don't know what happened to Charlie the guy who started the thread though??

like! :)

Yeap, i can definitely make it the 27th! I leave for a wedding in Italy the 30th and i should be back mid-august, so we cannot postpone it anymore! :D

Also, my real name is Cédric, but my friends call me manchot (it means pinguin in french...) because i'm very clumpsy.

I like the "expat with crutches"... that should be a band name. Anyone can play guitar? XD

Air guitar! Does that count? ;-) Good idea with the expat band, Cedric. Do you play an instrument? Suggesting classics like " Expats of 69" or "No crutches, no cry" for starters. ;-) But open for discussion on friday! See U there.

Haha!! Taskja!!! Very good...... ;) Very imaginative....  How about "Stair lift to heaven" that way we can have air guitar and some singing. Band compatible!! Haha. :lol:

It's definitely on for the 27th...... No more changes. Finnegans at 8. Should be fun.

Also, someone from Expat.com called Linda who helps run it, has seen our thread and said it was good and suggested starting  a new thread under a new title to attract more attention and put a link on this page to it so everyone knows where it is and we don't lose people already in this conversation. She also said she can post it on the Facebook page. I thought it was a good idea for more exposure. More the merrier! :)

Any ideas for a title? :)