New Member needs your welcome..!

Hi Everyone;

Well; I'm not an expatriate; although sometimes I want to be... Good experience and for a change :/... So I'm a citizen from Riyadh...  will be 33 next may (I hate when I do this:mad:)

Studying my MBA now, and I work at a managerial level in a hospital and have many expatriates friends and that's why I know how much you struggling here.

I just wanted to introduce myself a little bit and offer my help and guide you thru as much as I can… and of course I'm going to learn a lot of things here, I already did..  so Thank you all
I'll try to dedicate time for this forum to post helpful topic and of course you may contact me at anytime..

I'll be more than happy to have a warm welcome ... :D:D

Hope you have a great time;

WELCOME TO Expat.com !!!!

Hi and Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Hello.  Your intro is all very well and good but something about your profile is troublesome:

Also I'm looking for a serious relationship with non-Saudi

Why?  You know better than this.  You know it is haraam. Why would you want to endanger an expat? 

Also, Julien has made it clear this forum isn't a place to try to pick up women (which, it seems, more and more Saudi men are coming here and trying to do).

+ 1 Alliecat ! you  check all the profiles ?? interesting ! Cat in black :cool:

Abu_Adel wrote:

+ 1 Alliecat ! you  check all the profiles ?? interesting ! Cat in black :cool:

You just made me laugh! :)

And yes, I do check the profiles of the new people who post.  I want to see who they are, where they're from, what their interests are.  Curiousity will never kill THIS cat! :lol:

rockstar_princess, Christine

Thank you very much for the welcome..

Abu_Adel Thanks for dropping by ..!

Alliecat wrote:

Hello.  Your intro is all very well and good but something about your profile is troublesome:

Also I'm looking for a serious relationship with non-Saudi

Why?  You know better than this.  You know it is haraam. Why would you want to endanger an expat? 

Also, Julien has made it clear this forum isn't a place to try to pick up women (which, it seems, more and more Saudi men are coming here and trying to do).

Thank you very much Alliecat..  well you seem to love teasing people.. so please allow to tease you back ..lool... although i wanted it to be a welcome page by why not also make it a discussion too.. i hope others jump-in..

1. i believe the reason you imply to the troublesome is because you're here for a quite long years and started to have prejudgments and i really don't blame you for it.. i said serious relationship i didn't say illegal or stated otherwise; or Haram as you mention... so please allow me to leave religious beliefs and personal advices aside specially publicly. 

2. why wont endanger any human being at all ? where did i refer to that..  most of the expats have belief that they will be in danger if they have a little freedom.. believe the situation is not like that all at.. yes there is some restrictions.. we can put a separate topic for that..

3. i really like that guy and i just emailed today to thank him for the blog and the great effort.. i really thought it's company.. huge efforts done by an individual .. nevertheless; if the said statement is against the policy then i can remove it immediately.. I'm a straightforward man and i have the decency to do so that's why i wrote it.  but i wont accept for me or anyone else to be a cause to ruin a great effort..

4.again if i'm here to pick up women will it be reasonable to write what i wrote and to reply to some of the topics trying to help out and posted a new topic on my first day.. i dont think so.. but again i totally understand why you said so.. i also come from a workplace namely a hospital where there are more than 1200 expats ..!! 1200 expats and i leave that and come online to pick up woman.. unreasonable..

the only reason i found this site is because i was helping an expats out and when i found it i felt in love with it..
again i love to help out and assist and wants nothing in return except your trust and friendship.. in fact I'll already contacted a tourism guide agent to see how he can assist the forum of Riyadh. and contacted a couple of day cares because i noticed the requests..  above all I'm almost 33 almost please .. loool.. so I'm old for playing around...

hope by now things are much clear and i'll follow you  everywhere to tease you .. i want all of you to be my friends specifically you .. lool

that's was too much talk..

apologies..

Thank you for your response and explanation.  I appreciate it, as I hope others here do, too.

Regarding your 1st point, I've been here 2.5 years.  Do you consider this to be an exceptionally long time for an expat in KSA? lol  If so, why?  But it is true that I'm not a wide-eyed newbie.  I had Saudi men try to pull things on me when I *was* new, however (even now, occasionally) and I've have come to realize how low and unethical they were to do this.  That's not saying all Saudi men are like this, of course; I know many through my work and most are just exceptional human beings, smart, funny, kind and honest.  But I think this culture is condusive to having the unethical ones try to move in on those who don't know the ropes; ie. expats.  They'd never try these shenanigans on Saudi girls because there would be all hell to pay with the girl's family if she reported them. But many (most?)expats are here by ourselves, with little outside support, which makes us very vulnerable.

2.  When I spoke of endangering expats, I think you know I wasn't referring to them (us) being physically harmed.  But if you were to entice a girl into an illicit relationship with you--hell, 'illicit' here can mean just going to Starbucks for coffee!!--she risks losing her job and being deported.  There could be some time in jail, as well, while the deportation arrangements are being made.  I'm not saying this happens daily but it does happen and people have the right to know the consequences here of something that we consider so normal and natural at home.  The very fact that we do consider this normal and natural makes us the perfect targets.

And regarding your point 4, are you telling me you'd be willing  to have a 'serious relationship' with an expat male?  Also, your reference to 1200 expats where you work?  Well, it's a smart thing to separate work from 'play'  since it's impossible to keep a secret. You're smart enough to know this so I don't take this point seriously.

So, hopefully we've reached a kind of understanding ... and I will follow you everywhere! :cool:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
ohh God; i'm dying ... loooooooooooooool

"I had Saudi men try to pull things on me when I *was* new, however (even now, occasionally) and I've have come to realize how low and unethical they were to do this. " 

that's exactly what i mean when i say i totally understand.. for for 2.5 yrs .. well i may call you a veteran ..loool  1 year is enough when you socialize here..  very predictable .. you know what I'm referring to..  there are not many open-minded people and straightforward.. i believe if there were honest about wanting to play around, you wont say that..am i right... e.g. i may talk to you and i have a hidden agenda.. you got me.. mostly it's like this..

2. i know what you mean.. but endangering anyone means endangering myself too.. you are right, women could be fooled, i cant disagree with that.. i've seen it with one of my expats staff.. i can add that you should know that there are certain nationality which are classified as an A which nothing can happen to then except a bullshit consent.. you know also what i mean. here a female is always an innocent one.. looooooool

3. No No, for me it's not about the secret.. i live my life the way i want it to be and there were many occasions where women tried hard to hit on me.. but because i promised myself not to do so. i love the place and it's my 10th year now.  why would keep it a secret if the relations is serious, and it's not the business of anyone to interfere in my personal life. .. anyway; I'm over thinking about it so maybe you are right (again im ALMOST 33 so I'm over playing around..  ..loooooooooooool   .. MEN ohh God forbids it..  no no no no..  just friends..  by the way one my best friends is an American employee 55 yrs old.. for ten yrs now..

it was and still nice that we have this discussion.. hope we can fight else where later .. loool 

Take care and thank you very much..