Hello all am new in dubai and love to meet some friends

Hi I've been here for 2 months now and seems finding new friends not an easy thing here specially if you're an asian woman.  Cant really go out let say to the bar alone and make some friends. Met some perverts already and make me feel that I have to be more cautious in this city.  So I'd love to meet good people and hope this site could help me.

I don't meet many Indonesian here either, so where are you?? :-)

hello Fiff! :) Welcome! felt the same way when I came here a year ago. Really it's hard to meet and find true friends :)

Hope we can be too! :) Take care! :)

Welcome to Dubai!!!  had your share of perverts already? :)  HI!!!

Hello Melatutz & Ceara, Thank you and nice to meet you both :-)

@ Melatutz, u've been here for a year now.  So have u finally met true friends yet?  Hope u do as am thinking how wud i end up here hehe
@ Ceara, haha not yet. it was kinda scary thou. one happened on the beach.  The other one on a busy street. Was walking and had someone following me with a car. Althou it was a nice and expensive car, but still really freaked me out!

Please take this reply in good faith and humour !

Dear Ladies,

Like every other country, Dubai is a fast paced populated country. You obviously will find all sorts of men, some kind, some rude, some smart and some absolutely termed 'perverts'.

Unfortunately, majority of 'single' female coming into Dubai need to go through this challenge. You need to at least thrice go through carious stages and defining moments where a 'pervert' can be identified, then you need to write about your experience (in blogs such as this), then you need to wait to find the second and the third. Once this is done. I am guaranteeing you wont make the same mistakes, avoid such paths and find a couple of cool friends to hang out with.

Never the less, the list of un tamed men is long here in Dubai, so to avoid yet another epic challenge, please find boyfriends and settle down in life ;)

Hope you girls enjoy the breed of classic 'friends' category.

Best of Luck !

Hi Saud, thanks for ur input. Quite a good one and Indeed i learn from all experiences since I have been here. One question thou, u think that to avoid those epic challenges, to find a boy friend is the only thing we should do? :-)

Well I have met one interesting person here and met physically...I think its a good place if you are really lucky..

Hi Leengunjiri,

Good for you :-)
yes am sure there are still lot of nice people here in Dubai and I shud be lucky one day (keep think positively ;-)

Well finding a boyfriend isnt a solution..lol..i was being sarcastic.. a girlfriend would do as well :p But seriously, Dubai is majestic in cultural doses, so, beware of the 'perverts' and enjoy fascinations and fantasies :)

I think I find couple of ideas how to make friends here. Perhaps you can join clubs based on your interest or go to a networking events. Networking events should be a good place to meet new people so it should be a good place to find people that can be your friends too.

Hey Fiff!

I've only been here like, a week now!! From the UK by birth, but only spent a few years there - couldn't stand it lol!!

I'm only in Dubai a few months though whilst I wait on my visa for Australia.

What you up to??

Hello Ladies & Gents

Networking events are only for business and therefore i cant find it useful to make friends. Dont be in rush and take your time :)

you will make friends when you stay more in the city..

i  think  its  good way  to meet  people  on here  .i  like  here very  well .i am new  to dubai  also .and  i try to start my new  life  here .so  i  would like  to meet  new  friends .i am sherry  from china .

good luck

Dear Fif,welcome 2 dubai :-)) //well..its true ..very hard to find nice ppl here...or u can say u r own community..but i believe  someone somewhere is always waiting for u...keep looking :-))good luck..
aamir

Dr Fiff,
Welcome to Dubai :)
Dubai is just a wonderful city, where u feel moving out with friends every weekend atleast. Since most are expats hence chances of getiing all types of people are very probable but keep trying, some gud 1s are also prevailing.
Me just few months and still exploring, but i understand if u r a good explorer this city have enough for every1.
Happy searching. Hi Hi Hi :)
Raghuvanshi

Hello All, thank you for all your comments.  i nearly reach for 6 months here and start to enjoy the city. Been starting to meet new friends too althou knew them from work colleague, but its really a good start :-)

hi , Im new here in dubai also and i want to know more friends here..regards

hi there  if you interesting  you can join me here in j p r

Hey guys,
If you wanna socialize and meet new people join our dance event next week. You can learn a new dance and meet with cool people.. Afrolatin week is around the corner :)
For more details please visit facebook page or platinumlist.
Kizomba Week with Mike Even's and Ksenia.
facebook.com/events/490540630999271/
dubai.platinumlist.net/nightlife/ticketing-box-office/11877/Kizomba-Week-with-Mike-Even_s-and-Ksenia

same here :)