ARE THERE MANY AUSTRALIANS LIVING IN MAURITIUS?

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if there are any Australians living in Mauritius! I am an event manager and organising an Australian evening and looking for Australians to come and spend the evening with us and also if you know any australians who are artists and living in Mauritius and would like to propose some traditional entertainments anything from a dance, an aboroginal performance .. you name it.. if you do, send me an email!

virginie

hey im frm new zealand. does tht count??

There's a few of us about, 40 I'm told in all but quite a few more Mauritians with an Australian connection (e.g. former Australian residents who have returned).

I can't say I know any artists but it's possible. The High Commission may be of help there.

We're Australian - what kind of event are you organising, and where would it be?

Hi Veronique, The labourdonnais Hotel is organising an Australian Food and Wine festival from the 21st to the 30th of March together with the Australian High Commission. There will be an Australian Chef and an aboriginal performer who are coming for the event. On the 30th of March, the last day of the event, at Le Suffren Hotel, we are organising an Australian theme party and as the Austrlian performer will be leaving a day before the event, we are looking for some performers and some support as well!! you should all come and bring friends along! and if you know any australian artists, be it, singers, painters, comedians... living in Mauritius who would like to be part of it, that would be awesome! Thanks!