WORK

I need some tips about where to find work! Considering moving to Mauritius this year and need all the tips I can get. Where is the best place for foreigners to live? Is it easy to find a place to live?

Welcome on Expat.com heidii83,

You should have a look to the Mauritius expat guide, in particular the work in Mauritius section ;)

Hope this helps,

Julien

We are considering moving there in a few months, hopefully with a job, but if not, how long can we stay trying to find a job? I read somewhere that minimum salary is 30.000 rs for expats? Is this really true in any job we might apply to? I think if we are two having some saved up money and earning about 60.000 we could do just fine down there.. But can you really earn that much, say in the travel industry/hotel-business? YES I've read other posts but I cant find an answer to this.

Thankyou for your reply, I speak english and can understand some german too, especially written. WHat type of work is this? I dont have any experience in finance but I could do secretary work maybe, as Im very structured and efficient.