Family life for expats in Addis Ababa?

Hi,
I'm Maria. 
My husband has been offered a 12 month contract in Addis Ababa which we are giving great consideration to.
I will not be working and will have 2 kids to entertain so my most burning question is about family leisure time.  What things are there to do in Addis Ababa for families? 
I am also contacting the international schools for info and to enquire if they have spaces. 
I am also interested to know what kind of family home may be available to rent?  Are there security complexes to live in? 
Any response or general advice on life in Ethopia will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.  :)

**bump**

Anyone?

:)

Hi Maria this is Wosen I am from uk too been in Addis just over two years. I am not yet a family man but my wife and I are expecting our first baby so I am not the best person to advise on family leisure from what i know there are places where you can enjoy with your kids from amusement parks (not to alton towers or chesington adventure standard),bowling center,cinema,restaurants etc there is going to be a lot to do that will keep you busy beside in Addis the social life itself is big.Regarding international school I would recommend Sanford English School since you are from the Uk.

A house for a family is easy to find depending on your budget there are secured or gated developments perfect for a family but than again I would prefer the villas or the bunglow even the modern ground plus one or two with your own compound in Addis prime locations like Bole or Old Air port area and security with its not going to be an issue. When it comes to looking for property to rent you most probably would have to go with a local brokers you need to know someone locally who knows the trade so you will get value for money and don't end up paying a lot for comission. If there is any thing else I can help with you can contact me.

I am moving to live in addis ababa in oct 09, need any info regarding ,areas to live ,house rental agents, medical insurance, visa requirements.

Hi maria I would like to help you find a right place to live in addis there are a lots of places to choose from depending on your budget and area preference the best area to live is either Bole area or Old Air Port there are other areas to choose from too. where is your husband going to be working at ? is he or you going to be driving ? what kind of house are you looking for ? regarding Visa you will have to arrange from the Embassy where you are. where are you moving from ? your husband will need to get a work visa and you will need to get a visa through your husbands visa application as a wife who is going to be residing together. Any more info you like I am willing to help.

Best of luck.