Kuwait salary

I am a filipina, will be working as customer service associate in kuwait,

why nobody's commenting on this?????waiting.....i already did my medical today so theres no turnng back.

:up:

Hello iamme, for the accommodation, have you tried to post an advert in Kuwait classifieds > accommodation section? This may help you.;)

Harmonie.

you may want to look into shared accommodation with other ladies in Kuwait, and in terms of transport same thing. there are minibuses that offer pick up and drop off services for people.

best of luck.

Thank you for the info. best of luck to me.  maximum 6 mos, i'll be there.

Where's your place of work? There are a lot of private shuttle buses going to Avenues mall or 360 mall (15kd/month)coming from Salmiya and it's cheaper than carpooling. Shared accomodation cost per room pretty much depends on the area. Salmiya area tend to be a bit more expensive ranging from 40-100Kd. You might like to check out the ads. Hope this helps.

thanks chinita! my place of work will be in The Avenue Mall. What is the nearest place to that mall?

That would be Reggai and Farwaniya. There should be a lot of flats/rooms and transport in those areas so don't worry about it. You can also check out filipinosinkuwait.com website.
Happy flat-hunting:)

Are you coming from the Philippines via an agency? If so, didn't you ask if you have any free accommodation or transport allowance to go with  your job? Living here in Kuwait sucks without a car and it's not like back in Manila with an easy means to get a  transportation especially if you're a female. It's either a bus (min fare of around 250 fils/45php one way), taxi (min fare of 1-1.5KD/155+ php one way depending on location) or shuttle services (min 30 KD/php per month basis depending on the location).

Duresprit thanks for the taxi suggestion, it reminded me i needed to inform expats of the problem with taxi drivers in Kuwait.

You're welcome, legacy. :D

eyy Durespirit.. I would come thru agency. We need to look for our own flat and transpo. I would be working inside The Avenue Mall. Is it not dangerous to ride a taxi in the night? I worked in Saudi Arabia before....and i'm worried to ride a taxi.

eeyyy chinita, when u rent a room, do u have to buy fridge, gas range, washing machine..etc....? or they do contributions for using these things in a flat?

Well, if you get a furnished flat most of the modern conveniences come with it i.e. fridge, washer, cooking range, microwave, etc. but rent will be more expensive. Some expats who come here in a group normally would rent an unfurnished flat and yep, make contributions for the all the stuff needed to furnish a place. If you're on your own and want to save, I suggest you do flat sharing and just rent a room. The flatholders usually have their place furnished already and you can just move in with your suitcases. When are you arriving? PM me and I can check around with friends I know who may have rooms for rent and forward them to you.

:one chinita :D

I prefer the sharing type, bcoz i dont want to buy those things since it will be hard for me in the future to bring it here. Do u have idea on how much would i share? I just had my medical last friday, it will take time..i estimate within 6 months maximum.

Then you need only to pay the room rent which may range from 40-100 depending on the size of the room and if it comes furnished or not with the basics like bed, closet/cabinet, table, tv and has own bathroom.

Thanks for the info.

Sent the info details to your mail. Hope that will help you.

Ciao!

@Anny86 - You are off topic. :rolleyes:

You can start a new thread on the Kuwait forum for your questions. ;)

Aurélie

:one:D

(moderated: off topic)

[moderated: off topic + pls post in the jobs section]