House SOLD!!!! Roll on Malta

Well today our house has sold, after only 3 weeks on the market :D

The purchasers entry date is March 23rd but we are hoping to leave a few days before this. Tomorrow I hand in my 4 weeks notice to my employer, yikes, it feels so real now.

So now I am researching and booking things. We have decided to spend a week in a hotel (have chosen Maritim Antonine in Mellieha) when we arrive and will hopefully get an apartment organised etc.

Right now am looking at how we are getting to Malta, shipping and insurance. We are thinking of travelling to Amsterdam, spending a night or so there and flying Amsterdam to Malta...any thoughts?

I am very excited to finally get things moving but very scared at the same time. Everything seems to have happened so quickly.

But all going well we should be in Malta for our son's first birthday:)

WELL DONE...and hope you enjoy Mellieha

Congratulations!

Hope to see you soon in M&M (Mellieha & Malta).

Cheers
Ricky

Congrats and good luck!
We live in Mellieha... if you want you to get in touch with us or my wife just send me a message.
Cheers

Congratulations! There are plenty apartments available in Malta. Good luck for your move and welcome to Malta.

Well Done and welcome to Malta...

I am living here but still trying to sell in the UK.... unfortunatley its harder in Kent to sell

Julian and Tina

Thanks everyone, so excited to get going with the move. Handing in my notice was a relief as now everyone knows. It was getting harder and harder to keep such a big move a secret.

Does anyone know off hand if my bank would charge me for transferring money to a Maltese bank?

open any uk bank accounts you might need (for savings etc as malti banks pay nowt) before you move ..... its very difficult to do so once you've left.....try opening an hsbc account and they can usually open a malti one here for you before you get here. cards accounts etc etc ......

there is always a charge for transferring money here..you will need to hunt around for the best offers...and accounts too. i am with HSBC and transfer cash online direct from uk to malti for less than 0.75% so i think they are fab and i get market rate (not tourist rate)...but then i have a premier account and they have a global banking mechanism that allows this...

^^^^^^^ WHAT TOON SAID ^^^^^^^

EXCITED.COM :)

pleased for you. we ares till stuck at the "getting a job " stage.

still unsure if i will earn enough money to live in malta. As i believe the wages are really low.

love to hear anyone ponts of view on best area to live with children.

thanks

Where you choose to live is highly dependant not just on schooling but the services and facilities you need around you - there some really nice pl\ces Naxxar, Zurrieq, Attard, Balzan Marsacala not to mention Mellieha..Much is dependant on what you wish to gain from living here.

Wages are very low here unless you have a skill that is in demand.

Good luck

MY MUM IS A TRAINED NURSE. ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THEY EARN IN MALTA.

SHE HAS AN INTERVIEW WITH ST JAMES, ANYONE GOT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THESE?

REGARDS

I am an IT Project Manager in Malta, which is an decent enough Paid Job for Malta and my wife has just started as an Account/Admin Clerk for an IT company which again is above average but because of the profession that it is i.e. IT...

We live in the South which is cheaper to live in and a really really nice area...

Birzebbuga where we are has a decent school, a beach and is great for Kids...

Have a look around and see

Julian