Moving to Gibraltar from the Cayman Islands

Hi I'm moving to Gibraltar in September of this year with my husband.  We are currently living in the Cayman Islands so are fairly familiar with the joys and sorrows of being expats.  We are hoping to buy a house but will need somewhere to live short term when we first arrive.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  It doesn't have to be fancy - a studio or one bedroom will suffice for the first month but it does need to be fairly central as we won't have a car straight away.  This brings me to my second question - is a car essential?  Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

hi skye,,,no you certainly dont need a car theres no where to park and the bus service is realy good but you can walk to everything...as for a one bed flat try euro towers in euro port road £850 a month which is quite good here,its central and theres a pool on the roof there modern and have all the appliances you need,,,,as for buying,,,get here and look you might be better buying something in spain,,,,,,KOTK,,,,

Hi Skye,

There is a relocation company in the area called [moderated: no free ads], Im sure they can help you out with everything you will need for the move :-) best of luck, Pieman