Relocating to Mombasa

Hi, I'm considering relocating from the UK to live in Mombasa. I have visited it on many occasions and absolutely love it. How much would it be to buy an apartment or house near nyali beach area. How much would I need to spend to live a decent life each month. It would just be me and my dog
Thanks

Hello Jan53 and welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie.

Jan53 wrote:

Hi, I'm considering relocating from the UK to live in Mombasa. I have visited it on many occasions and absolutely love it. How much would it be to buy an apartment or house near nyali beach area. How much would I need to spend to live a decent life each month. It would just be me and my dog
Thanks

hey jan.. we welcome you to Mombasa anytime.
its good to hear that you are planning to move here.

well as for an apartment in nyali, prices differ area wise. it will cost you around 10-16 million kshs, again depending on the area that you choose.
apartments around the beach are higher priced that the ones within nyali.

as for living expenses, you will have to look at the cost of electricity, water, security, misc expenses. food wise, you have 2 nakumatts' in nyali and one of them is 24hrs so no problem there. you can even get the food for ur pet.

there are many restaurants in and around so if you feel the need to have quick bite outside, no problem there.

so, if i were to put it a t a rough estimate, i'd say around 90-100k a month would be good enough for you.

hope this info helps.

if you require any additional info, gimme a shout.

cheers

Hi Jan
Iam in the same boat.How far have you got.Have you looked into the Visa issue? Iam so excided about this but so much to sort out.Drop us a line (based in London).

Hi Jan53 and Martin Kea!

Good to hear you want to relocate to Mombasa.

I have a 4 bedroom Maisonette in Nyali Beach Area(Beach Road).

The owner wants to sell the house fast and has dropped the price from Ksh. 40 Million to Ksh. 30 Million.

Hit me up if you are interested.

Cheers.

Martin