Fairly new to Marrakesh 4months permanent...whose there??

Hi im British and have been here for 4 months...anybody in Marrakesh who would like to make new contacts to chat or swap stories, meet for a coffee? Im looking for mates and maybe some guidance in working here. I have some ideas already. And have support form my moroccon fiance.....but a bit of British time could be useful.

Hi and welcome to the forum helenyouness!

Your post has been moved to the Marrackech forum for better visibility ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Helenyouness,

how's it going?

I'm Alex, I've been here in Marrakech for just about 10 days, I'd love to remain here longer before the next destination..
Me too I'm looking forward to create a little circle of people to have a chat or a drink together.
As I'm still looking for job I've a lot of time to spare, please get in touch!

That's my contact:    [email protected]       0624832900

See you!

Hi. How are you getting on? It can't be easy adapting to such a different culture!
I'm not in Morocco although I'll be in Marrakech for a week in March. I'm to-ing and fro-ing a bit at the moment as I want to set up a business importing Moroccan goods. I was on this site wondering if I could find a good photographer in the city to help me get pics for my website. I saw your message - it didn't look like you'd had replies though I could be wrong - so I thought I'd just say Hi and say: if you're totally desperate by March 8th, let's have a cup of coffee.
Anyway, good luck with it all.
Sarah

Hi, I will be in Marrakesh the last week of February for three months. I alternate  between the US and my work in Marrakesh. Would love to meet up for tea or coffee. We can email personal contact information, [email protected]. See you soon, In'challah!

Hello all,

I am British Canadian, and have been in Marrakech since June 2010.

To meet new people, you could attend the Pub Quiz every other Monday evening at the Café du livre.

The next members meeting is on Wednesday March 7th 10.00 am at the Laurence Arnott Gallery, opposite the Gendarmerie Royale in Guéliz.

All anglophone are welcome, even if they're not British

Hi I am an American....hope that is close enough to British time...LOL.
I have been in Marrakech with my husband for 2 years and I really love it here. I hope you enjoy your stay and Welcome to the neighborhood.

Hi

My name is Tamara
i am from the Netherlands
but i speak English
I also came to live here in Sept
with my husband and children

Come to visit me one time to chat
and discover Marrakech together

Tamara

Hi, I am Christine, known here as Christina because that is what my Moroccan friends have decided to call me, in England most people call me Chris. I live in Gueliz with my Moroccan partner. I know what you mean about 'British' time. I speak very little of the local language and only slightly more French so sometimes I crave a conversation in english. I meet up with AlexSmile every few days for a wander about town. My UK phone number is (moderated: pls use the private message system). I have a Moroccan phone but it is being used by my partner at the moment.
If you would like to meet, please send me a text. I would be glad to here from you.
Chris, Christine, Christina.

hey Chris are using u'r uk cell number in morocco i'll text you if you don't mind !!

@Christina2412 -You should avoid putting your phone number on a public forum.

Whoops. I know that but wasn't thinking. Hopefully it will get lost in the mists of time.

Hey wassup guys I'm a big Marrakesh fan, I love going to Pacha, Rose Bar, Highway Pub and eat at Catanzaro,  I have  a nice residence in Agdal a few blocks away from Al Mazar center.

I'm actually Canadian, originally from Morocco, and I now live in Paris.

We should organize something !!

Hi Helen

Glad your enjoying your time here.

I have been here for just over a year now and working in the atlas mountains around 45mins away from marrakech, I'm always happy to meet a fellow english men hahah.

Whats your plans now your here?

kirsty