Satellite internet connection

Hi,

anyone has info about satellite internet for private users(not for companies).
I remember when I was here in 1999 I had a download only satellite connection. The upoad was done through a VPN telephone connection to Bahrein, which ended up in huge telephone bills.

Albert

you can have Thuraya IP Modem with 444KB download speed .

Any specific reason why you're looking for a satellite connection?

:) Yes @albertutama, I do remember when satellite connections were considered 'precious'.

To agree with @youngthegiant, trust me they are NOT needed anymore unless you have a very specific need. If it's about accessing any sites blocked in KSA: there are many many options for that.

Yeah for unblocking or protecting your privacy, you can simply use a vpn through you current connection

PROXY settings !!!

No no @saimans. Easier than that!!! (Just reminded me of how we lads used to exchange possibly working proxy server addresses with one another. :lol:

There are free VPN software like Hotspot Shield.
Or
If you really need it (for example sometimes I want my phone/PC to act as if it's in USA somewhere), then go for a paid VPN service which is much more trust-worthy. They are a dime a dozen...just google. And are as cheap as $5/month. I've been using USAIP lately.

Their are lots of satellite internet companies they will provide you list of paid static & dynamic ips and you can redirect to any country. Just be careful while buying are this ip black listed or green. Now a days Marketing companies are black listed and you may not know if the static ips are blacklisted, otherwise you will be banned. Depending are you going to using single or double opt in.
Check first if the sever is black listed or not
Here is the link
http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

@TLL: USAIP has been pretty darn slow of late.. to near HSS speeds!!  but it could be because my laptop is becoming slow too..
and direct satellite connections.. well they are old tech.. :P

Who would want to have a satellite connection unless you are in the army fighting a war in Afghanistan and is in the middle of a desert..!! lol