Life partner visa

Hey,

I noticed that there are some posts for this topic but haven't found out if one can leave South Africa while the visa application is pending. I'm planning to move there in June 2012 and I'm going for a visit in March and was thinking about applying for the visa then. However, I don't know if I can leave the country while the application is pending. Otherwise I can only apply in June. I would appreciate your help. Thank you!

@ nel9 For more information read this :proudhttp://www.learn4good.com/travel/south_africa_visa.htm

Hi. Yes, you are allowed to leave, but keep in mind that when returning you will need a valid visa to enter on, if that is a turist visa you still need to have a return ticket to get that visa.

Thank you for the replies. Another question: has the new bill come into effect and would that mean that I cannot apply from South Africa when I'm there for a visit? So I would have to apply from London and wait till the visa is granted before I can move there..? I was just reading some other forums but all the posts about this bill wer from last year..

Hello..sorry my english is not good ,but i have much questions about the life partner visa...  Im italian, and im married with a soutafrican, my marriage is islamic, is not legal for Home affairs, can i apply for life partner if i have a son de 5 years, and have his custody absolute?? or he need other visa? i have proofs, pictures, letters, bank account, medical insurance with my husbandm letters of frienda, islamic certidicate marriage, etc..  I have a tourist visa now, and a ticket of return in 2 months.. im confused...need first a visitors visa, after life partner...Thanks for reply

nel9 wrote:

Another question: has the new bill come into effect and would that mean that I cannot apply from South Africa when I'm there for a visit? So I would have to apply from London and wait till the visa is granted before I can move there..? I was just reading some other forums but all the posts about this bill wer from last year..

I had the same problem because I couldnt find any information about the bill approved or not. Honestly I dont know it for 100% but I believe it was approved (it had to be done in Sep-Oct 0f 2011 and now it is Feb of 2012).
But anyway it's much better to apply in London. Of course you lose money you pay for plane tickets to come back to London and to SA again but!!!! the main thing is you'll get your LPP much FASTER in London! Here in SA it might take up to 6 months. I know a girl who's been waiting for her (spousal) permit for 9!!!! months already because they lost her first application so she had to put the second one.

Rosabelle wrote:

im married with a soutafrican, my marriage is islamic, is not legal for Home affairs, can i apply for life partner if i have a son de 5 years, and have his custody absolute?? or he need other visa? i have proofs, pictures, letters, bank account, medical insurance with my husbandm letters of frienda, islamic certidicate marriage, etc..  I have a tourist visa now, and a ticket of return in 2 months.. im confused...need first a visitors visa, after life partner...

Rosabelle, I cant answer all your questions unfortunately. First of all as I understand you cant apply for a life partner permit being in SA (according to the Immigration Bill you cant change your visa status since you have a tourist visa). But you can apply for it from Italy. It seems like you have all the documents.
Second, if your son is a son of a South African citizen (here I mean your islamic husband) then he can get a South African birth certificate and passport. Maybe you can apply for them now while you're here in SA? Then if your son has a SA passport he doesnt need a visa to come to SA anymore. If you cant apply now try to do it in Italy.
I hope other forum participants will help as well because I'm not sure about the situation with your son.

Hi,

At this point in time, one can apply for a change of conditions in country. IE from visit to spouse for example. The Immigration Amendment Bill is under review and has not been passed in parliament so alls good on that front.

Robbie

Thanks so much !!!!! robbie please are you sure that laws are not aproveed in the parlament?  THAnkss.. other thing  i read on internet, if you go other countries neigboards they only give you 7 days more,of visa (visa run),, is true? you know about that? sorry again about my bad english i hope can understand me lol

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated! i have another question regarding the police clearance:

I am a Finnish citizen (Finnish passport). However, I have lived in the UK the last 4,5 years. Therefore, I applied for the police clerance certificate in the UK and got the form so that's all good. Yet, because I only have a Finnish passport I'm assuming I would have to get the police clearance from Finland too..? Does anyone know if they will accept the UK one or if I need to get both? It may be a bit of a mission to get it from Finland as I don't live there anymore... :/ If I do need it, can I submit my application now and submit the second police clearance report afterwards when I receive it?

thank you

Hi Nel,

According to the Immigration Act of South Africa, you need to apply for a police clearance from every country where you have resided for a year or more since you turned 18. If this is the case for you, you must apply for the Finnish clearance.

Regards,

Robbie Ragless.

Thank you Robbie. I've got all other documents so would I be able to submit the application and send the police clearance separately afterwards?

Yes but make sure you draft an undertaking.

Regards,

Robbie