Expat hangouts

Hi everyone.

I am 22 from England and have been in ulaanbaatar for about a week. I was wondering where most expats hang out (bars/pubs/cafe's) as I have only met 2 people so far I can have a conversation with. I would really appreciate some info on this as the lack of people to talk to is a bit home sickening.

Thanks

Sam
facebook.com/profile.php?id=1201592722&ref=tn_tnmn

Hi Sam,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

There are relatively large numbers of expats that frequent Millie's Cafe, Cafe Amsterdam, and Grand Khan Irish Pub that I've seen, and the food at Millie's and Grand Khan Irish Pub is very decent. Joe's Corner is a hamburger place that seems to draw a few expats too, and the burgers were good to boot.  I've not been there myself yet, but I hear Hennessy's Restbar is somewhat of an expat hangout as well. 
My initial impression late last year of many of the other expats in UB is that they're generally friendly but at the same time quite reserved and take some time to open up, but your experience may vary.  Perhaps that changes once the winter gives way to warmer months.

Well Mr Jellisam, how is the expat finding going?  If you want to go and eat some Mongolian food at Mongolian places at sensible Mongolian prices, because it is always fun, I think we can do this.  I don't really know anyone in UB, but I suppose I can be called an 'expat'.

Hey Sam,

Well I'm currently in the position you were in a short while ago. I've just started here, I'm 27 and basically could do with going for a pint or two! A bit of social interaction's always a good thing I reckon.

Give me a shout if you're up for that.

Nathan

There are many expat hangouts in UB, I would recommend going to Grand Khan Irish Pub which is next to the Drama Theatre.
It has a good selection of beers and live music.
A lot of foreigners hang out there!

Also you can fin lots of foreigners having a drink and meal at The Square grill and pub and Veranda.

Veranda seems to be a popular place for expats and so is a place called Millie's.
Check these places out, I am sure you will meet new people!

Hi Everyone,

Visit this newly created website ebuy.mn/en if you look for a quick & easy way to sell something you don't need anymore Or if you're looking for a quick & easy way to find something in UB.

It's just launched and in English version you might be the first people to post ads. Hope, this website will be helping you to live or travel Mongolia better :)

Thanks.

Fortune :)