Buying a TV in Malta

Hi Guys

Just wondering where the best place to buy a TV would be? I ideally would like to buy it online and get it delivered but it seems that Amazon only post up to 32 inch's to Malta :( I noticed that Play.com also do them but there are only a few models and they are almost double the Uk price. Anyone had any experience recently doing this?

Am after a 42" - 46" ideally

Cheers!

Play.com doesn't deliver anything but games/music overseas :(

I had the same problem that you months ago and ended up ordering a tv on http://www.toshibamalta.com/ but my size was almost the half of your size 24" and on that site prices were very good for small screen tvs, not so sure about big screens.

Anyway, on the next day i had the tv on my home :)

Best regards

Thanks so much! That site is great and the prices seem on par with Uk online as well. Shame they only sell Toshiba TV's but something I will consider for sure

Thanks again :)

I can certainly vouch for Toshiba Malta in Fgura (www.tiptop.com) as i have a 42 incher from them and they're brilliant....however i would also say that i ordered a 42in plasma from amazon UK 22 months ago and it arrived smashed to bits...that why we ended up paying more than double....but to be fair amazon were great..full refund no questions and i didnt have to return the tv either mainly because of the exhorbitant charges for return delivery (£23 to get it here bit over 450e to return it......) mind you it took 2 days to get to germany then three days to get to valetta and then 15 days to get from valetta to mellieha (17 miles at most)...LOL

they used to send to malta then.... but i think as result of the number of losses damages and thefts during transport they have stopped....did you know that the two worst places in europe for this happening is Italy and Malta...not a good advert is it.

there is a place called soundmachine in birkirkara whio sell samsung units and also in msida a place called digital planet who do panasonic.....

just be very aware when buying tv's here as they are usually obsolete stock still being sold at a high price....check that whatever you decide to buy is the latest model and not something that is 2-3 year old stock....or they are low end not so high quality unknown names.

:cool: here is the solution digitalo.de 9,90 postage to MALTA and German prices!

E N J O Y !

Maltamark that site is awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

Do you have any other hidden gems? Not necessarily just TV related

hard to find the gems here, but the tight budget is pushing you to do so :)

i try really hard to buy here but the traders make it so difficult to do so.