LPP Can I apply in South Africa?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me? I am very confused with this whole business of applying for a life partner visa!!

I am originally from the UK and have a South African partner. I am over in South Africa on a tourist visa at the moment and am about to apply for my Life partner visa...

1. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 years, so does this mean I would fill out a temporary residence permit (BI-1738) form or a permament residence form? As I read somewhere that if the relationship is longer than 5 years I would apply for a permament residence, however I read somewhere else that the application for permament can take up to 3 years.. my tourist visa runs out on the 19th March!!

2. Also I read somewhere else that the law has changed and people applying for visas have to do so from their home country?? Is this true??

3. I have been given a job offer so I need to apply for a work endorsement. What do I need to do to apply for a work endorsement?

Thanks! :)

For more information visit the near embassy, your doubts will be cleared :unsure

saucyonion wrote:

1. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 years, so does this mean I would fill out a temporary residence permit (BI-1738) form or a permament residence form? As I read somewhere that if the relationship is longer than 5 years I would apply for a permament residence, however I read somewhere else that the application for permament can take up to 3 years.. my tourist visa runs out on the 19th March!!

2. Also I read somewhere else that the law has changed and people applying for visas have to do so from their home country?? Is this true??

3. I have been given a job offer so I need to apply for a work endorsement. What do I need to do to apply for a work endorsement?

2) That's the main question everybody asks!!! I couldnt find any information in the Internet but I know that the Immigration law was to be changed in September of 2011. So I cant say it's an absotule truth but I think you HAVE to come back and apply for a permit from your home country.
1)-3) What I know you can apply for a PERMANENT residency permit (PRP) only if you've been MARRIED to a SA citizen for over 5 years. That's what the official web sites of SA Home Affairs state. So in your case you can only apply for a temporary residency (TRP). So you need to apply for a TRP with a work endorsement at the same time. You provide all the documents for a LPP plus documents for a work endorsement (job offer, some people say a signed contract I'm not sure). But I'm sure you must apply for both at the same time! Besides again if you apply back home it takes less time for a permit to be issued. It takes up to 4-6 months here in SA.
I hope it helps.