Family moving to Barcelona from USA

My family and I are thinking of moving to the Barcelona area. So far we have tried to do as much research as possible, but there is still a number of questions we have. To anyone else that has already made the move with a family, what is your advice? Is Barcelona and the surrounding area family friendly? Thanks everyone! Bye for now :cool:

Hello April18;
I have being to Barcelona many times, one of my best friends lives in the outskirts. Barcelona is not only a very beautiful city, any Spanish town is family friendly, the Spanish love children!
If you have any other questions, let me know. Do you know where you are going to be going? and are your children going to go to the local school(they will learn Catalan, and not spanish) or you are putting them on private?All the best!

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if there are any English speaking high schools in the area? Can your friend recommend any towns close to Barcelona? Thanks again

Hi, I would like to move to Spain. Does anyone have any info on how to start. I would like to live in Tarragona. Thank you Troy