Wine Shop

I intend to set up a shop retailing Asutralia and French wine. Any recommendation on where I should set up my shop? Preferably near to the expat communities.

Hi Don Toh,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you good luck.

All the best,
Christine

Hi!

Your idea is really outstanding to do the business in Myanmar. Generally your business will be successful 85% sure.

The reason is that very few people is doing that business here. And very few people can compete your business as Myanmar people do not have knowledge much about it. But wine drinking culture will be getting higher and higher I think. What problem you have to face is that labor problem. Myanmar labors do not know much about it and people here want to work at job as they are familiar with.

You should open in Yangon and you should carefully choose the place to set up the shop since the location is much involved with your business than other shops.

Best,

Tin

Don Toh wrote:

I intend to set up a shop retailing Asutralia and French wine. Any recommendation on where I should set up my shop? Preferably near to the expat communities.

Thank you Tin. Appreciate your advise. Just that I noticed the supermarkets are already selling some french and az wines at competitive prices. Wondering what my competitive advantage might be?