Question to those that have arrived in Malta with a baby

When we come to Malta in March we will have an 11 month old. I have read that car seats are mandatory for babies so my question is would I be able to take one from the UK with no problems? I do have a pram travel system just now but my husband said that he thinks the pram is a bit too bulky to take with us and maybe we should invest in a stroller for the journey. However our car seat fits nicely on to our existing pram so is easily transported so I think we will just take it with us.

So have any of you travelled with a car seat easily enough?

Also for making a babies milk on a flight, I know there are restrictions on liquids and wondered if this would be a problem also?

I also have a question regarding renting furnished accommodation. We are not taking our cot with us so plan on buying a cot asap after we arrive. However I wondered whether landlords would be able to remove a bed so we could put a cot in the room instead. Has anyone done this, or does anyone think this would be a problem?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Hi there!

Im sorry I cant help you with your question about the car seat, however i want to share this article with you that i think is very usefull. Here you can find all the info about staing in Malta with a baby..babysitters, pediatricians, prices for baby products and more. http://www.malta.com/en/coverage/2012/m … s-and-kids

Also, each time i rent a flat in Malta the landlords are nice and arranges everyting as I want it and get everything missing in the flat from dryingstands, quilts, plates etc. When you go to visit flats, just ask if this is something they could do straight away.
Good luck :)

Hi,
I have travelled many times taking a car seat. I have never had any problems, except them getting a bit damaged sometimes. I am also using the car seat that I bought in the UK here. (Car seats here cost more- I have seen my exact car seat for double the price!)
If you fly with Ryanair, a car seat and a pram counts as 2 items and they only allow one free of charge so be prepared and add this when you book your flight. I haven't flown with easyjet for a while, but they used to allow 2 pieces of baby items for free.
My daughter is now 4 years old, but when she was younger I remember that taking a bottle through security was ok, but you had to show it to them, and drink from it to prove that it was safe.