School

I am planning to marry a Trinidadian next year and he has more to loose by coming here than I do by moving to Trinidad. The only thing is that I need to know if my daughter goes to public school in Trinidad will it transfer if we come back to the US. I heard that it didn't and that I would have to homeschool her. I don't know if this is true. Please if someone could help me I would appreciate it greatly. My daughter would probably be going into the 6th grade by the time I move if that matters. Thanks!

Hi Dawn, I am from Trinidad and I never heard of our education not being transferable. I have a lot of my friends who after high school did their SAT exam and went on to Universities in the States. There are also International Schools in Trinidad but these are very pricey.

Hi Dawn,

I moved from Trinidad to Florida and it was all transferred at highschool level.

Also, the schooling in Trinidad is of a much much higher level than that in the US so your kids, if they do move from Trinidad to the USA will find school extremely easy in all but the most advanced US schools.

Hope this helps