Where do you spent the NEW YEAR 2012? and HOW?

Hi my dear friends)))

I wanna know where egyptians was spending the New year 2011?
and how?

RUSSIAN NEW YEAR IS......
Most Important Moments of the New Year's Night

The celebrations start at about 11 pm, when the family is seated at the festive dinner. Shortly before 12 pm they toast “for the old year”, remembering and paying tribute to the good things it brought about. It is a custom in Russia to listen to the speech of the head of state broadcasted over TV and radio. The President traditionally summarizes the achievements of the past year and wishes Happy New Year to the citizens of Russia.

After the speech, at midnight sharp, the country listens to the Kremlin chimes, which signalize the beginning of the New Year. The chimes are followed by the country's hymn.

During these exciting minutes all are drinking Champaign:P and wish each other Happy New Year. Afterwards lots of people like to go outdoors to let off all sorts of fireworks and bangers, and lit Bengal lights. Festive performances with songs, dances and games are held at the central squares of cities and towns.

As for lovers of peace and silence, their day will come to, when after the uproarious New Year's night the streets turn unusually quiet and calm for a few days, even in megalopolises like Moscow.

New Year Popular Beliefs

There is a whole range of beliefs concerning the celebrations of the New Year. The most famous saying asserts: “As you meet the New Year, so will you spend it”. Thus everyone does one's best to celebrate this decisive holiday merrily and in the hearty company of friends and family.

They also say, that one must “leave all the debts to the old year”, i.e. return the debts before the beginning of the coming year. On the New Year's Night one ought to be wearing brand new clothes, which at the best should be of the “lucky colours” of the year to come.

One of the most significant and breath-taking elements of the New Year's Night is making wishes. They believe that the utmost wishes made on the New Year's Night will surely fulfill in the New Year. There is a unique method of making wishes that gives almost a hundred percent fulfillment guarantee: while the chimes are striking twelve, one should write the wish on a sheet of paper, burn it on a candle, mix the ashes in his/her glass of Champaign and drink it before the chimes cease striking.

Try it yourself!:D

Father Frost the Red Nose  (Russian DED MOROZ:)))

The key figure of the Russian New Year is certainly Ded Moroz (Father Frost, or Grandfather Frost, to be more exact) who arrives wearing a red caftan (old-style long garment) decorated with traditional embroidering and edged with snow-white fluff, a red cap, white mittens and felt boots. Boasting a luxuriant snow-white beard, ruddy nose and cheeks, and a cordial smile, he is leaning on an icy staff with a sparkling star on its top and carrying a huge red sack with presents for kids.:D:D:D

Hi Tatiana,

I don't think that most egyptian people celibrated new year, at least not our new year.

Regards,

Reinout

the festival in sharm el sheik... GThe dj David vandetta came it was awsome