Physiotheraphy in Nairobi - Facilities & cost

Hi,

Would appreciate if someone could help list hospitals/clinics where Physiotheraphy facilities are available. I have lower back pain and would need some sessions. Also, kindly provide an estimate of the costs in Nairobi for these sessions.

Regards,
Ash

There is a practice in Lavington Green Shopping Centre - cant remember the name.  Otherwise, you could try the places that I have pasted below.  Am sorry, but I have no idea of the rates.  Contact numbers are there - you will have to check.

http://www.nairobihospital.org/section.asp?ID=49http://www.resolution.co.ke/nc/globals/ … l-details/http://www.karenhospital.org/index.php? … Itemid=240

Thank you for you help!! However, I need to submit an estimate before i arrive in Nairobi.. cant seem to find this online.. cn any of the local people help?

Thanks again! :)

Alternatively, you can make contact by phone or e-mail, to ask that question.

Hello miss Ashm, i would suggest one thing to you. Nairobi hospitals are the worst for sucking peoples blood and money. Last time one of my pakistani friend visited a hospital here for his back pain, they said he need to undergo surgery for that pain and they gave the cost as 550,000 kenya shiling, so he went back to pakistan and he was checked by his doctor, his doctor suggested no need of any surgery and he is fine now, with just spending 50,000 shilling. another indian friend got some problem and went to hospital, they charged him 250,000 kenya shilling. they sent him to different doctors for checkups in the same hospital and he paid to every doctor. this is sick and if you compare the price here and to india, india is much lot cheaper,  you can travel to india and stay for somedays and save some more money and then come back. There are not much experienced doctors compared to india. If i get sick, i feel better to  go back india and get treated there. I can visit my country and treated for cheaper, save some money and can comeback. here doctors prescribe medicines for meaningless things.  they gave me hell lot of medicines for fever and cough, now even my friends are using them for their sickness. I paid lot of money for them.

Suribhai:  While I agree with you with regard to doctors and the cost of treatment;  physiotherapy is a bit different, as you would expect to attend a number of sessions over a period of time.  It is likely to be uneconomic to fly to India for physio.  Of course you must also factor in the cost of travel to determine the real cost of going back to India for any type of medical treatment.

If you come to live in Kenya, getting medical insurance is very very important.

Hello mr Longonot82, for how many sessions how much we need to pay?As i guess it could be more expensive than my trip to india and treatment there. even my kenyan friends say, its better to die rather getting treated in kenya. most of them die coz they could not afford money for their treatments here.

Suribhal:  That is why you should get decent medical insurance.  In any case, an airline will not fly you if you are seriously ill, anyway.

This thread is about physiotherapy, not seroius illness - the two are rather different.  I am a therapist, so I know what I am talking about!  Firstly, the prices will be lower, for physiotherapy AND, as I previously wrote, the sessions are often weekly, spread over a number of weeks, making it rather more expensive and impractical to travel to another country, possibly several times.

In any case, my recommendation was to make contact with physiotherapists in Kenya and find out what the charges actually are.  Only then, can an informed choice be made, rather than making assumptions, based on fees for doctors and surgical procedures.

Hello Mr Longonot62, with duly respect i agree with what you said, but that was just a thing which i observed and my friends suffered. I have been following your comments from 9 months, in this blog. I have seen your suggestions and comments for every different kind of topics, thats good. But for medical resources and the charges for treatments, i am disappointed with Kenya.

Hi ashm,
for my experience its better to choose an ostepath than a physiotherapist because it is  a holistic therapy. If there is maybe just a joint dislocated it can be done by one session. There are not many osteopaths in nairobi. One who i know personally and can recommend is kenyaosteopath.com. The price for a session should be around 3.500 kshs but you should ask, the first session is more expensive because because they do anamnesis with you.
istria

Siribhai: I am rather concerned about your attitude regarding this discussion. It seems you speak out of bitterness, rather than an open mind. If i may ask, how many of your "kenyan friends" have chosen to die than seek treatment within the country? From the way you speak, i presume you must be a very sad man from the demise of your very many friends. and from your earlier post, is it even wise for your friends to use medicine that had been prescribed to you earlier to treat their own illnesses???i hardly think so!! Anyway, i agree with Longonot62 in the above matter. Besides, your attitude is very common in all the indians i have come across who are living in kenya. Dont you think it would be better to go back to your own country rather than live here and compalin about each and every aspect of life in Kenya? just saying....

Hello Ms Pink Heart, what ever i spoke is just with experience, and most of my kenyan friends are going to india to get treated and they recommend their friends to get treated in india. And sad man for what??? thats fine what was there in my heart i gave that, its up to you to take it or not. Then in that case for any illness and sufferings you better not go abroad for treatment and do not recommend your people for that, In any case get treated here itself. This is my kind suggestion to you, thank you.

Suribhai, your English is not fluent, i am not able to figure what you meant to say, but i can sense you might be upset. Again your Kenyan friends are going to India for treatment? i thought you said earlier that most already died coz they did not want to seek treatment here in Kenya...?
I know India is good with treatment and medical stuff, especially in the cases of cancer and such, i can attest that India is one of the best places. What i have an issue with is:
1. Your friends choosing to die rather than get treatment here in Kenya. If they cant afford to travel to India they prefer to die than seek treatment here?? Doesn't an ill person take whatever medicare is most readily available to save their lives?
2. Your friends using your old medicines which had been prescribed to you and you did not finish the doses, to treat their own illnesses. This i think is a most dangerous action.

Anyway, the post was regarding physio, i think that can be easily done within Nairobi, at a reasonable cost, no need to travel to India.

(Moderated)

(Moderated: please manage your language)

Could you please calm down here!

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Again i repeat...continue exposing what kind of a person you are.. You are doing a really good job at it. I would advice you to restrain yourself and avoid using bad language, it is most impolite, and you have already been moderated once. it is a common thing for people to have differing opinions, that does not mean you have to insult others for not agreeing with you.

Pinkheart wrote:

Again i repeat...continue exposing what kind of a person you are.. You are doing a really good job at it. I would advice you to restrain yourself and avoid using bad language, it is most impolite, and you have already been moderated once. it is a common thing for people to have differing opinions, that does not mean you have to insult others for not agreeing with you.

I share your sentiments :)

Grace.

wow thank you so much, for your advice.... wil consider it

Grace.Maingi wrote:
Pinkheart wrote:

Grace.

:)
Thanks,

Pink

Pinkheart wrote:
Grace.Maingi wrote:
Pinkheart wrote:

Grace.

:)
Thanks,

Pink

Welcome

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Advertising of services and products is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

This is a 5 year old thread!

Please, no advertising on the forum.  Re-post your advert in the 'Classified' section.

Even today, this is still a major issue!

Hi Ash,
There is a place just before the junction mall.and the doctor is good.he has treated people I know.their backs as well.I can vouch for him.if interested I can give you his contact

Regards
Wanjiku

Hi Wanjiku,

Ash posted the enquiry 5 years ago and hasn't posted since then!!!