Death certificate from vietnam

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. my childrens father died in a vietnam hosital 12-20 OR 12-21  2012 he was 58. I need to get a death certificate. I dont know what hospital, not really sure where he was in vietnam. is there anyway someone can help me. He was an American.  Thank you

Here's the link you need:

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/emergency-contact.html

Hi Millydoo,

12-20 or 21 of 2011, you mean?  Anyhow, with so little info, the US Consulate is the best place for you to start.  Good luck.

Howie

As the departed was an American citizen, the Cong An (Peoples Police) - through the external affairs ministry - advises the Embassy (usually) or Consulate of the passport used to enter VietNam. (Many people have more than one passport)

Since he died in a hospital, they would have notified the Cong An, AND the Death Certificate would be issued by the hospital IN VIETNAMESE. If you need it certified for legal reasons, either the Vietnamese Embassy in Washington or the Consulaye in San Fran can help. Always send documents by registered mail. The State Department might have to certify the signature of the VN Embassy depending on what it is needed for.

The US State Department is very good at obtaining information so your immediate contact should be with Washington. The Ha Noi Embassy will have been given the passport of the deceased and will have satisfied themselves as to the cause of death. (There is a 12-hour time difference between New York and Ha Noi). (I was involved in a death case last year)

From reading your post, I surmise the deceased and yourself were living apart. The US Government has an fairly open policy on supplying deceased's information, even to non-related inquirers.

The U.S. Embassy email is: [email protected]

Thank you all for the infor you have provided for me. It helps me so much. Have a great day!