Need your info about sending blood sample outside of Egypt

I'm planning to take my  6 cats to Japan. So as one of the necessary procedures, today the vet took blood samples in order to send them to a German lab.
The problem is he found both Fedex and DHL refused to send the samples saying the regulation changed last Wednesday, so now they are not allowed to sending any blood sample outside of Egypt.

I'll check this at Fedex and DHL, and report that to Agriculture Ministry of my country and my embassy here. But I have very little hope about this. Japan sticks to rules.
I'm also thinking of going to Egyptian Agriculture Ministry and ask them directly.

My questions are:

1) Does anyone hear anything about this regulation? I'd like to know if this is a temporary action by the government or not.

2)Does anyone know if a tourist can take blood samples outside of Egypt?

3)If I meet someone at Egyptian Agriculture Ministry, where should I go?

4)If you think of any solution, would you please share it with me?

Thanking you in advance.

Here in Egypt all the blood tests can be done, can you please tell me the tests that you want to analyze in the blood sample and try to tell you the best place to go?

Regards,
Ahmed

It's very kind of you to offer help.
Yes, I know there are labs in Egypt for diagnostics on Rabies.

But the problem is that I have to have those test outside of Egypt.
In order to take my cats to Japan, I have to follow the rule set by Egyptian Agriculture Ministry for leaving Egypt. (So I already sent blood samples to an Egyptian lab.)
But at the same time, I have to follow the rule set by Japanese Agriculture Ministry for bringing cats to Japan.
Japanese Agriculture Ministry demands pet owners of having blood test at one of the labs it designates in the world. Unfortunately, all designated labs are in Europe, US and Japan, but not in Egypt.
I asked several veterinarians, and fortunately some of them said they can send out the samples. So I'm trying one.
I don't know how they can while the rule has changed, and both Fedex and DHL clearly told me they can't send even the serum, because Health Ministry prohibits ANY extract from living organism...
Some vets said that Fedex and DHL misunderstood and serums are allowed, other vets said blood samples from human beings are not allowed, but from animals are allowed. Other vets said they have to get special approval from the government.
So many things are said but until now I don't see the very text of the new regulation...If I get the copy, I may ask advice from my embassy and Japanese Agriculture Ministry, but how? I don't know.
Hope the vet I asked succeeds, and I'll see the whole picture.
This problem should be solved; other wise, many foreigners with pets have no other choice to leave their pets in Egypt. So feral cats and dogs may increase!

I have another suggestion, when you arrive to Japan Airport, put your animals in the Quarantine zone for 3 days for example and then call the lab to take the blood sample and when the results appear, go and show the papers to the authorities and take your pets, is this applicable?

Thank you for your suggestion.
Unfortunately, Japan's quarantine period is 180 days.
I have to pay:
the fee (I don't know the price yet) * 180days 8 * 6 cats
approximate amount would be 250,000 LE.
I can't pay.
Besides, it gives the cats tremendous stress...

I mean I can take cats into Japan 180 days after the date of sampling the blood for test. Besides, the result must be more than a certain amount. If less, I have to give them another blood test and wait another 180 days.

maybe you can contact the Japanese embassy about this issue?

Thank you for your response.
In order to report that to Japanese embassy, I need to collect the facts, for example, a copy of the new law, which ministry is responsible for that, etc. So I asked many people if they got a copy of the new law, but nobody get any...
Fedex said the customs is responsible for that, DHL said Health Ministry. Aramex said Ministry of Pharmacies in Manial. Everyone says different things. I don't know where to start.
I can't just tell my embassy or Japanese Agriculture Ministry about this matter. I need facts and evidence to convince them I need their help. But thank you for your concerns.

Toshamina please check this group on facebook PTS Pet Travel Scheme - facebook.com/groups/141893319213663

You will find all the information for taking your cats back to Japan and where and how to send your blood tests.

Karena,
Thank you so much for your info :-)

Ahmed2310 wrote:

Here in Egypt all the blood tests can be done, can you please tell me the tests that you want to analyze in the blood sample and try to tell you the best place to go?

Regards,
Ahmed

dear ahmed, its not true in this issue
first of all she need official authorised lab, which are in german or england

i send blood always with flight parents without problem

best regards
somaya

The problem is that those tests must be done at designated laboratories outside of Egypt, e.g. Europe.
Egyptian laboratories didn't apply for designated lab, so they are not admitted even if they are very excellent.

Baghira Animal Care wrote:

i send blood always with flight parents without problem

HurghadaŽs animals in need
somaya

How do you find flight parents?

very easy to find from here (hurghada)

Oh, that's good, but not work for me here in Cairo