Travel to Cairo

Hi,

I'm not an expat, but I will soon be traveling to Cairo in February and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm a female American with blonde hair and will be traveling alone. I plan to wander around and see the sights for the four days I'll be in Cairo.

I'd love to hear from anyone who may have suggestions of areas to visit, areas to avoid and dos/don'ts being that I'm a single female traveler.

thanks!

Hi Cyprus2004,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

nothing ..... dress conservatively (anyways it's cold these days :) ), ignore catcalls .... and you will be fine ......

Cyprus2004 wrote:

Hi,

I'm not an expat, but I will soon be traveling to Cairo in February and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm a female American with blonde hair and will be traveling alone. I plan to wander around and see the sights for the four days I'll be in Cairo.

I'd love to hear from anyone who may have suggestions of areas to visit, areas to avoid and dos/don'ts being that I'm a single female traveler.

thanks!

Hi Cyprus2004,
First wish U a safe trip to Cairo :)
So Let Me advice U a very small advice about ur clothes in Cairo as U a STRONG single female traveler :) Skirts should be below the knee but long skirts and pants are preferable. Short sleeves to long sleeve tops preferable. Loose clothing always are the Best ;)
Now Lets Start About Main Suggestion of Area to visit:
I will try to remember the most enjoyable places I used to go with exchange students of my college ..
Giza Pyramids .. Cairo Tower .. Egyptian Museum "I don't recommend it now as it is located in Tahrir square" .. City Star Mall ..Salah el Din Citadel . . The Religion Compound"Coptic cairo" .. Sound & Light .. Muiz Street ..Arab League Street .. Sakara Pyramids .. BellyDancing shows in any Nile Cruise .. International Bowling Center .. El Sawi Culture wheel if there are any interesting events .. Arabian Nights Club & Resort .. Azhar Park .. Giza Zoo "No high expectation there ok ;p" .. Pharaonic Village .. mmmmmmmm I can't remeber More :/

Btw Last Summer my friend Cristina from Romania was having a romanian book about a lot of or may be all the places in Egypt within details & Really it helps a lot .Try to find an English one in USA ;)
All the Best

& try to Google "360 Cairo"
I am sure it will Help,God willing
:):D:)