A little help re: schools

Hi

I have a 15 year old son who attended school in Denmark so English is his second language. He can speak fluently but his reading and writing are well below grade level here in Kuwait. We have spoken to several schools and he has been unable to pass the entrance exams. We just talked to the 6th school today and it is not looking good. Can anyone give me some advice as to which schools might be willing to accept him. I am also looking into getting him a tutor to try and help but I need to get him into school.

Thanks

Hi,

Take a look at my sticky note "List of Schools in Kuwait", perhaps that will help.

I'm not sure which schools specifically would be willing to accept him. It's a little surprising though because most children here in Kuwait start off with very little English and have Arabic as their mother tongue. I've taught at two schools here in Kuwait and I can say that the students' English language speaking skills are low at the beginning at the KG level. I know your son is 15 years old, middle/high school (never taught that grade level here in Kuwait) but I hear from other teachers that even at that grade level, some of the students' English is poor.

I guess keep on trying and take a look at that list of schools.
Hope this helps. Good luck!