LLP vs Spousal (Time Frame/Cost/Work/Immigration Help?)

Hi! I'm currently in South Africa on a Tourist Visa and have a South African partner.

I've read the Life Partner Permit can take months to acquire. The immigration company who is currently assisting us suggests 2 months to complete the process.
Any experienced feedback on this?

If we decide to get married, does a spousal permit take as much time?
Is the permit the same cost?

Is it worth paying an outside company for assistance in this matter? The process sounds rather complicated. The company I am currently using for my Visitor's extension has proven very helpful.

In regards to work under the LLP, it sounds it is a work endorsement for a specific company/position only, not a general right to work permit.

And it also sounds like you must get a job offer first in such a case?

If the Life Partner Permit is taking 2 months, I'm assuming that means it would be 2 months to be
allowed to work in South Africa?

Glad to see this thread on visas in South Africa! Thanks for any feedback!

I didn't pay any fee for spousal permit because my wife is a south african citizen.Not sure about the LPP.

hello a question, before go homeaffairs i must register my marriage in my embassy (or not is necessary)

Hi Zanm.

LLP and spousal is the same visa. The only difference is on the spousal you are married on the LLP you are in a registered relationship.
I have never been married, but I think it is easier to enter into a registered relationship.

I applied for my LLP in August and am still waiting.... If it is possible for you go to your own country and apply at the embassy it is much quicker.

There is no cost for the LLP, if it is worth it I cant say, no matter what it is still a lot of work for you, and you have to go to Home Affairs yourself as well, no representation is allowed. I think you should go to HA and get them to give you a list of what you will need and then decide if you can do it yourself, or need help. In my opinion, it is not the collecting the evidence that is the problem, it is the waiting for the outcome, which an immigration consultant would not help in any case. 

If you want to work, you will need a work endorsement, you need a job offer to get that work endorsement, and NO, you will not be allowed to work while your application is being processed. The work endorsement “sticks” to the job, so if you get another job you will need to apply for another work endorsement.

BTW, you say you are on a tourist visa, as far as I know you cannot go from a tourist visa to a LLP.

Good luck with everything.

Regards Sarah