Cost of living

I am going on internship for UAE Exchange , Kuwait.
Please let me know the cost of accomodation(1 bhk) and food .
I hail from Kolkata, India.
I am currentli in 1st yr of MBA, IIM Calcutta

hi there and welcome to kuwait, well it all depends on where you will be staying ? your own place? shared accommodation ? will they offer accommodation ?

food is not that expensive is you avoid the high end places. same with everything else. if you would tell us whats your main concern we might be able to help you more :) ( food/transport/ etc )

but you should know that we can't really give you 100% estimate as it varies from one person to the other.

and welcome to the forums :D

Hi Khalid
Thanks for your info :)
I am waiting for my internship letter from the company.
The stay duration will be two months.
Once I come to know about the location in Kuwait, I will post it.

Regards
Timomi Salim

If your sponsor provides you a budget of KWD 300/- per month, you will be reasonably doing okay.  Say 200 for rent and rest for your food and expenses.  You can save at least 50 KWD if you took a sharing accommodation.  Salmiya is one of the preferred places for Indians; this area has a good number of restaurants providing Indian food.  UAE Exchange has a branch in Salmiya, but you need to know where they are going to assign you.

Hi
I am being provided shared bachelor accommodation and transportation from the company. So I will only have to pay for my food. I will be getting 275 KWD per month. Please let me know the total (food + outings) cost in the city.

The expenses depends on you, but at a maximum it won't go beyond 125 KD.

i will be most probably reside in safat. How is the place? Also how much expensive are the mobile call rates ISD?

Safat is a good palce. Also Kuwait is very small country, distance wise u won't feel too much.

For calls we use VOIP calls as calling from mobile is very expensive (check out this site www.nymgo.com). Once u land here, I will able to guide you on this.

thanks a lot for you help , jitudas

jitudas wrote:

Safat is a good palce. Also Kuwait is very small country, distance wise u won't feel too much.

For calls we use VOIP calls as calling from mobile is very expensive (check out this site www.nymgo.com). Once u land here, I will able to guide you on this.

You are welcome.

Would be happy to help. :)

Hi all Indians living in Kuwait. I am a accounting and finance professional  currently in Hyderabad, India. I have got a call from a consulting firm in Kuwait recently. I am confused regarding how much to tell them about my salary. Different people in india are asking me to quote different amount of salary and i am feeling more confused day by day so i landed up here. First of all before I ask you how much salary i must quote I think I must tell you the kind of life standard I lead here in hyderabad so that you guys can accordingly advice me. I work in a finance consultancy firm here and with the given amount of salary I live in a single room with attached bathroom of an apartment, I have my own bike,food is provided by the owner over here, on weekends I love to go around and spend some money for myself or some pub once or twice a month. with all that I spend almost Rs.20000 net on myself including rent every month. Now all said and done i would like you guys to let me know if I have to maintain the same standard of living in kuwait how much should be my expense in terms of indian ruppees.

hi I am an electrical engineer with 2year of experience.i got a job in Kuwait with 350kd salary will it be sufficient for me?? i am a bachelor. the company is located at amghara area.
pls tell me how much will be the monthly expenses of house,food ,etc..

Welcome Timomi to EB