Looking for expats living in goa or goa residents...

im thinking of visiting end this year and might be interested in moving to goa from sydney...let me know what you think of this idea...and any other helpful advice is appreciated

Goa is a nice place.As you are planning to visit in end of this year so i wants to inform you that in the month of december ,Goa is totally packed as December is festival season in Goa.

thanks for letting me know...my friends from england are going there for christmas and i was hoping to join them but i will have to find my own accommodation...regards, adele j

Its better to book the place for accomodation in advance as its really difficult to find the accomodation on Christmas...

hello, yes i most certainly will do that :)

so when you will be in India?:)

not quite sure yet...ive had a huge operation...i was hoping sometime from oct to december or maybe even twice...i usually visit friends in delhi first lajpat nagar...do you know it

Yup i am very much aware about Lajpat Nagar....hey you have your gmail id?Should we chat through gmail?

im on msn i can chat but not all the time...do you wnat that its [email protected]

Hey i send you request on facebook if you are free at this moment come on facebook and we will chat as its not look to talk like this on public forum :)

im on facebook but sometimes my laptop freezes

It's generally not a good idea to live places that aren't close to an Embassy, especially for Westerners

adeleduru wrote:

thanks for letting me know...my friends from england are going there for christmas and i was hoping to join them but i will have to find my own accommodation...regards, adele j

just came back from goa.  if you're looking for accomodation then try renting an apartment in Calangute or Baga area of Goa. it's close to 3 beaches.  transport is expensive. you can hire a bike by the day from local garages.  the Brits know their way around.  there's a fairly good resort type apartment block which has a swimming pool 5 minutes away from Calangute beach.  the resort is 'Anette Apartments'.  there's a local lady called Almeira who rents out apartments and she has a good reputation. but you'll have to book early cause she has regulars who visit from all over the world.